Had Spencer Re-work my seat!!

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent my seat to Frank "Spencer Turnier in Florida for his LD (Long Distance) service. It came back today and I am very happy with the results. The seat has a totally different feel. I rode for over an hour this evening and could have went much longer. An hour with the old seat would have been torture. One other positive was that it greatly reduced the shock that used to be transmitted thru the seat when you hit the infamous expansion joints in the Southern Illinois pavement. Thia is without a doubt the best $90.00 ($30.00 Shipping) I have spent on the bike. I tried a "Comfort Seat" that my dealer had on a used bike two weeks ago, the seat modified by Spencer is better in every aspect. I'm glad I didn't drop $175.00 on a "Comfort seat. I would still like to get a Corbin some day, but it would have to be a super bargain. :thumbup: to Spencer!!!! Thanks to the FZ-6 Forum for helping me to find this service.
Page 1

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
A happy butt makes for fun riding. Nice to read of a happy customer and the price is right too.

Between you, me and the fence post Corbins and their service is not all they great. IMHO

emsee

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm surprised to hear you say the FZ seat is uncomfortable after an hour. My SV 's seat most definitely sucks, most people complain about it too. Glad to hear this worked out for you! :thumbup:

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent my seat to Frank "Spencer Turnier in Florida for his LD (Long Distance) service. It came back today and I am very happy with the results. The seat has a totally different feel. I rode for over an hour this evening and could have went much longer. An hour with the old seat would have been torture. One other positive was that it greatly reduced the shock that used to be transmitted thru the seat when you hit the infamous expansion joints in the Southern Illinois pavement. Thia is without a doubt the best $90.00 ($30.00 Shipping) I have spent on the bike. I tried a "Comfort Seat" that my dealer had on a used bike two weeks ago, the seat modified by Spencer is better in every aspect. I'm glad I didn't drop $175.00 on a "Comfort seat. I would still like to get a Corbin some day, but it would have to be a super bargain. :thumbup: to Spencer!!!! Thanks to the FZ-6 Forum for helping me to find this service.
Page 1

Did you go for the Supracor inserts? Is the height the same? I would actually like a bit taller seat but Spencer does not offer that as he reuses the existing seat cover.

Tim

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you go for the Supracor inserts? Is the height the same? I would actually like a bit taller seat but Spencer does not offer that as he reuses the existing seat cover.

Tim

I opted for the Supracor material. I also didn't want to give up any seat height. The good news is that with the reworked seat, you don't settle into it as far. I would say I gained a 1/2" of seat height. With the re-worked seat and MFW Vario 30mm lower foot pegs, the bike fits my 6'-0" frame perfectly. After the seat work it also seems that I don't put as much pressure on my wrists, my body core is at a better angle.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
great to hear about your experience. Could you post some pics of your new seat. Thanks.