Had comment on you tube about my Scopions

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Had comment on you tube about my Scorpions

Hi All

Had this comment regarding my scorpions " m8 you havent fitted the pipes the right way round lol" :(

What I want to know is are they incorrectly fitted and what would you do? I know most of you guys have fitted them on there side, so to speak.

I have fitted them the same way as they are fitted as bike with single exhaust.

scorpion1.gif

PAULED_photos
[/URL][/IMG]

I have 2 weeks off soon so could refit them.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Had comment on you tube about my Scorpions

Paul, most fit them on their side when under the tail. Looking at the back, turn the left one clockwise 90 degrees and the right one counter-clockwise 90 degrees.

Seriously, it is personal preference as it makes no difference in performance, merely asthetic appearance. If you like them this way, then they are installed correctly. ;)

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no expertice in such things, but if it's any comfort, that's the way I would have installed them too! The "on the side" thing looks haphazzard to me. I like 'em this way! :rockon:

Edit: OK, after looking at bd43's reasoning, I get it now. I hadn't noticed the gap before.

Last edited:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen them facing outward on every post so far except for yours. It's a different look. It doesn't change the functionality so if that's the way you like them then so be it.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you did attach the pipes to the proper side of the mufflers because the tips are facing the rear. (+1) :thumbup:

I agree with the Eric in that it is purely an aesthetic thing and a personal choice. It just seems weird that there's all that open space between the canisters and the plastic trim to the outsides.

attachment.php

If you rotate the mufflers 90° this would fill the void and make it look like it was meant to be there.

watermark.php

I see you already put on the Scorpion badging so to try and peel them off and restick them back on after you rotate them could have them eventually fall off.

If you're happy with it, no one else's opinion really matters, right?

Z

Zealadin

Not many people seem to do them that way probably because they do fill the area more as shown in the above pictures when turned a further 90*, but the ones you have are also angled on the tips meaning they either look horrible pointing away from each other or at each other, which in my opinion would look pretty terrible.
When it comes down to it, don't let anyone tell you how your bike should look, its all based on opinion, and in the end only yours matters.

Oh but if your using it as a hair dryer for two different people then yes, changing them is a good idea, otherwise you'll be banging heads together to stay in the exhaust streams.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks a bit odd the way you have em to be honest. that extra space is noticeable and makes the exhausts look a bit funky. if you have the time i think you will be pleased at seeing them properly placed. they will look nicer.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guy's much appreciated.:thumbup: I am in work this week, followed by two weeks off so " watch this space".:D

Cheers

Paul

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
looks a bit odd the way you have em to be honest. that extra space is noticeable and makes the exhausts look a bit funky. if you have the time i think you will be pleased at seeing them properly placed. they will look nicer.
+1 to this. It's all personal taste, but I definitely prefer the look of my oval cans the other way to yours (check my signature link for pics). It's the more common way of installing them so that may be a postive or a negative to you!

Before installing my cans, I looked round this forum and the net for pics of other cans to see which way round to install them. All of the pics I saw except for two had the Scorpion S logo in the middle 90 degrees to yours. Except one set was like yours and one set had the S logo facing outwards.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 to this. It's all personal taste, but I definitely prefer the look of my oval cans the other way to yours (check my signature link for pics). It's the more common way of installing them so that may be a postive or a negative to you!

Before installing my cans, I looked round this forum and the net for pics of other cans to see which way round to install them. All of the pics I saw except for two had the Scorpion S logo in the middle 90 degrees to yours. Except one set was like yours and one set had the S logo facing outwards.

I am on the case:D

I have also looked at your site a few times and enjoy looking at your mods:thumbup:

Cheers

Paul

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, could I just ask what type of Scorpion that is? I've never seen the gold on them before unless that's custom!

I'm thinking those aren't scorpions - juast a sample of how the exhaust would fit. I'd like to know what they are too. Darn fine lookin' cans! :thumbup:

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah right, I don't much much regarding aftermarket exhausts apart from Yoshimura's. Very nice exhausts, I took them as Scorpions though. Thanks guys.

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah right, I don't much much regarding aftermarket exhausts apart from Yoshimura's. Very nice exhausts, I took them as Scorpions though. Thanks guys.

Sorry ppl, my bad. I only posted my Two Bros, that's what they are with the P1 silencers, as an example of the oval mufflers and how they fit better when orientated that way. :spank: