had a nice wipeout today......

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
so on my way home from work today i was going in a turn on a back-road and i hit a stretch of sand around the turn and lost it and took it down into the grass/dirt.

nothing too bad but some paint and possibly plastic welding will be needed..

what do you guys think? should i get the pieces painted or replaced? and any websites for parts? (im having a hard time find any)

100_2588.jpg

this has a line crack
100_2586.jpg

100_2583.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At least your not hurt so thats a good thing..

Check the main fairing support. It doesn't take much to knock it out of line. Sit on the bike on the center stand and look dead staight down the middle. If one sides higher or lower, you'll probably need that too..

My used 07 had more damage than that, I just replaced with new parts. Look closly at the parts your considering fixing, there are plastic tabs all over the place. Also check the for sale section for parts. You can probably get by with sanding and re-painting the engine cover...

I ordered my thru my local private guy, he gives me a little bit of a discount but gets genuine parts. As for buying body parts over the internet, I've never bought over the internet as UPS, etc tends to beat packages up, etc.... I want to inspect them before I accept them.

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad you are OK to post about your spill. So sorry your bike got a bit beat up. Good luck with the repairs/replacement.

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
yepp im gunna need a new fairing support too. and thanks for caring lol.

one thing for sure that i have learned is HELMETS SAVE LIVES!

ATGALT = all the gear all the time!!!