Guys with luggage (hard or soft) step inside

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking for some pics of hard and soft luggage for the FZ6. I can't decide which way to go and the photos would be a great help.

If you could include manufacturer, cost and where you got them it would be very helpful as well.

Thanks

The Mart Man

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my Givi E52 setup. The case ran $291 and the rack was $145. I've had it for a couple weeks and love it.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Cortech Sport Saddlebags
They are about $116 USD, expandable and secure. The included raincovers work well for 200 miles until they fall apart. The bags are heavy duty though -- no worries there. I would love to have a set of hard cases, but I just can't justify the expense yet. As a matter of fact I talked the dealer in to throwing these in when I bought my bike

Corech/Tourmaster
Cortech :: Luggage :: Sport Saddlebags

On my bike (they look better when not expanded and weighted down with a ton of gear)

Other pics on this thread...
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/4987-trip-report-va-wv-md.html

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont have any pics but last night i got some soft cortech saddlebags for FREE!!! I will have a chance to test them out later today when i get off work, but so far so good. The best part is my boss had them in his garage for the past 2 years and never even installed them.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cortech saddles Oxford tank/tail bag, check with Fz6inNH he has the three combo of Cortech, and is quite experienced with them, also I have a Corbin as well, much better than stock but too expensive.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I really like the looks of the hard cases, but the price may cause me to go with the soft bags. One thing I'm noticing is that our under seat exhaust doesn't seem to allow for larger bags. The manufactures look like they've angled the bags to clear normal exhaust systems which our bikes don't have. I guess we loose out on storage for the sake of versatility on different bikes.

Rex

Reaction score
Visit site

About $1250.00 for saddlebags and topcase and all mounting hardware. Purchased from twistedthrottle.com.

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest, you get what you pay for when it comes to bags.

I have th Nelson Rigg set up. Using a Givi rack to to hold the tail bag.

IMG_1939.jpg

My girlfriend and I were able to get 3 days of clothing plus extra long sleeves and such inside.

-bryan

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oxford Soft luggage, very sturdy and stable. Good for a weekend trip.
Downside is the waterproof covers were not integral. I lost them doing about 100mph.
Good value at £60.00. They are now a permenant fixture as I use them so much.

Nelly

Attachments

• bike%20020.jpg
    bike%20020.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 239

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Oxford Soft luggage, very sturdy and stable. Good for a weekend trip.
Downside is the waterproof covers were not integral. I lost them doing about 100mph.
Good value at £60.00. They are now a permenant fixture as I use them so much.

Nelly

Do you have a photo of these bags that can be enlarged? I like the fact that there aren't any straps (that I can see) over the seat.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Cortech tribag system is awesome. The saddles are on and off in 3 minutes. You can put the saddles on with the straps under the seat if you want. The tail bag can clip to the saddles, bungie (it has BOTH!) or both for added security.

I'm 200+ miles from home this weekend. My wife and I traveled on the bikes for the weekend. I had the tribag system on plus before mounting the tailbag, I put a backpack on top of it with the should straps cinched around the tailbag, then mounted the tailbag, thus making a 4 bag system. I'll have to get some shots of it tomorrow morning before we journey back home. She carried a backpack with her with some lighter stuff.

Search is your friend because I've seen a thread with these questions and I know I put a few shots of my tribag system in there.

The choices are MANY and it all comes down to preference. Good luck!