Guess where this Goes!!!

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Next up is this little gem. For size reference, this is roughly the size of a quarter.

So, guess where this goes. Bonus points for guessing what it does and who would use it.

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Now you're barking up the right tree. IV fluids (that is medications designed for iv use) flow through it yes. But this particular device is not made for introducing those fluids into a vein...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Airway adapters for monitoring CO2 stats during intubation are about the size of the stopper. But no sane reason to connect that to induce IV fluids into the airway unless the intent is to drown the patient.

Yes, before the tidbits spilled, it looks medical.

HAHA Google images to the rescue....

Airway Exchange Catheter FTW!

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Airway adapters for monitoring CO2 stats during intubation are about the size of the stopper. But no sane reason to connect that to induce IV fluids into the airway unless the intent is to drown the patient.

Yes, before the tidbits spilled, it looks medical.

HAHA Google images to the rescue....

Airway Exchange Catheter FTW!

Google FTL! It looks similar yes but a very different application. This device has no use for maintaining or monitoring an airway. Some good sleuthing sir but that is incorrect.

So lets recap

IV medications are administered through this DEVICE and not into a vein.
It has no monitoring purpose. Only administration.
It is a single use device.
It's purpose is solely to administer medication.

You guys do a little sleuthing with that info and you'll find it. If not cry uncle and ill be back with more tips.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what my sleuthing found:

The MAD® (Mucosal Atomization Device) is used for delivery of atomized medication to the nasal, oral, laryngeal, tracheal and pulmonary mucosal surfaces. Reliable atomization of topical solution across the nasal and oropharyngeal mucous membranes

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's what my sleuthing found:

The MAD® (Mucosal Atomization Device) is used for delivery of atomized medication to the nasal, oral, laryngeal, tracheal and pulmonary mucosal surfaces. Reliable atomization of topical solution across the nasal and oropharyngeal mucous membranes

Dpaul FTW!

The mucosal atomization device. Turns your medication into a mist that is readily absorbed by mucous membranes. Used by paramedics, nurses, etc to administer IV medications primarily to the mucous membranes of the nose. We use them at work for administering pain medication before moving a patient with a fracture, or to sedate a seizing patient for a few examples. Anytime you can't easily and quickly obtain IV access but have a need to administer a medication that can't be given by a route other than IV. Absorbtion is rapid through the mucous membranes of the nose and its quite an effective little tool. I believe you folks in the UK use them too.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a feeling this might be too easy, but it's the only picture I've taken of "parts" as I didn't want to pull anything off Google. What are the three black items and what are they installed in?

photo.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Google FTL! It looks similar yes but a very different application. This device has no use for maintaining or monitoring an airway. Some good sleuthing sir but that is incorrect.

So lets recap

IV medications are administered through this DEVICE and not into a vein.
It has no monitoring purpose. Only administration.
It is a single use device.
It's purpose is solely to administer medication.

You guys do a little sleuthing with that info and you'll find it. If not cry uncle and ill be back with more tips.

Just for the H of it...., follow this link for a second. Cook Medical | Critical Care | Cook Airway Exchange Catheters

Good One! Thanks Famous! :thumbup:

FWIW: Our co used to make CO2 sensors for patient monitors. Those require an airway adapter like these....
attachment.php

Last edited:

Ragnar

Reaction score
Visit site
They look like lenses to me. As far as what they're installed on - I have no clue. Some type of light machine?