Guess where this Goes!!!

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
What's left of the drive gear for a GM automatic transmission governor

I think he has it. Turbo-Hydramatic(THM) transmission family produced by GM. I am guessing the THM400 or THM375 leaning toward for 400 because it is a larger number.:thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's left of the drive gear for a GM automatic transmission governor

:wav::wav:

I think he has it. Turbo-Hydramatic(THM) transmission family produced by GM. I am guessing the THM400 or THM375 leaning toward for 400 because it is a larger number.:thumbup:
:thumbup:

:wav:

BINGO!!!
THM-350, also used in the 400 and others! From my old days at the transmission shop! It is a governor drive gear from a GM 3 speed automatic transmission. The governor works with the valve body to set line pressure for the transmission to operate.

The trashed gears makes great handle for mini screw drivers. Once you break the tip off a small screw driver, you pound the tip into the gear an WALLAA, super short screw driver!

nab86

Reaction score
Visit site
I knew I had seen that gear before but couldn't place it the ah ha moment came when you posted the picture of the whole governor. Oh well its been a year or so since I had my th400 apart. Also I pass so if 92Bit or anybody else wants to go please do I can't think of anything right now.

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
So much pressure to think of something! :eek:

I'll give it some thought if I can't think of anything in the next day or so I'll have to pass too.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just look around - you'll stumble upon something..... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Perhaps something under the microscope like this;
View attachment 49547

What is it?
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I plucked an LED from google images. :D

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, This is the only thing that came to quickly. If none of you are familiar with it I'll give you some hints. Good luck!:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, This is the only thing that came to quickly. If none of you are familiar with it I'll give you some hints. Good luck!:thumbup:

That looks like a hopper where plastic caps are vibrated up a channel and there may be other parts that attach for automatic assembly..:)

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a hopper where plastic caps are vibrated up a channel and there may be other parts that attach for automatic assembly..:)

Well then, that took all of 45 minutes. Yup you nailed it. Guess I'll have to try a bit harder next time.

I find it really interesting, the whole bowl vibrates. Well, sort of vibration. It shakes it clockwise quickly then counter clockwise slowly over and over till the plastic connectors climb out of the center and travel down the outside slowly being organized till they are all facing the same direction. This is then attached to an automated assembly machine. In this case it inserts pins and bends some of them to be used in all sorts of wiring harnesses and circuitry.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well then, that took all of 45 minutes. Yup you nailed it. Guess I'll have to try a bit harder next time.

I find it really interesting, the whole bowl vibrates. Well, sort of vibration. It shakes it clockwise quickly then counter clockwise slowly over and over till the plastic connectors climb out of the center and travel down the outside slowly being organized till they are all facing the same direction. This is then attached to an automated assembly machine. In this case it inserts pins and bends some of them to be used in all sorts of wiring harnesses and circuitry.

Sorry man! Lol! Unfair advantage. I've worked and built a few things.:rolleyes: A ways back I worked in the machine shop at an injection molding plant. Besides injection and blow molds, we custom made a lot of our own manufacturing and assembly equipment. :)
I would tune the indexer assembly machinery when I came in, in the morning and when I left for the night shift.

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry man! Lol! Unfair advantage. I've worked and built a few things.:rolleyes: A ways back I worked in the machine shop at an injection molding plant. Besides injection and blow molds, we custom made a lot of our own manufacturing and assembly equipment. :)
I would tune the indexer assembly machinery when I came in, in the morning and when I left for the night shift.

I actually have a summer internship with a company who designs and builds the assembly and packaging portion and purchase the feeder bowl. They make tons of little connectors for just about every thing from cars to washing machines. Anyway, you're up.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually have a summer internship with a company who designs and builds the assembly and packaging portion and purchase the feeder bowl. They make tons of little connectors for just about every thing from cars to washing machines. Anyway, you're up.:thumbup:

Oh! You mean if I guess it I have to come up with something? :eek:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i must apologise to everyone that gets into this thread
i tried to think if something to post when i identified the battery casing but time got away from me, work got hectic and my braincells just weren't helping with the project
so im glad you all carried on w/ out me ill still try my hand at identifying bits n pieces and if i think of something interesting and confounding i'll ask the current puzzler if i can piggy back on theirs- is that at all reasonable? or wait my fair and proper turn? wotcha reckon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !