Grinding or scracty or squealing sound

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As i am riding when i am coming up to a stop sign or a red light, i feel a squealing or.... a feeling of the brakes . When i come to a stop at a light i slowly it feels a little grindy from the front and the back brakes. The pads and rotors look fine. My brake fluids are full, oil is full, but i am worried or afraid that it might get worse. I try to make a appointment to bring my bike in to be serviced but there under renovations, and can go into the shop for another 2 weeks. Can anyone help or give me an idea what i can do.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
You say the brake pads are clean and free of debris? Can you tell if they are glazed? Sometimes, you can remove the pads and scuff off glaze with some very coarse sandpaper. (like 36 or 40 grit)
Also, what do the rotors feel like? Any nasty grooves carved into them?

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it the pads making the noise? if so put a small amount of copper slip on the back (only) of them this acts a lube and stops the squeeling.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are they the original pads? I see your bike is 2006.
If they are not change the pads because you can get some really cheap, awful pads.
I had a similar problem with my intruder which had suzuki pads in. I changed to aftermarket pads and it solved the problem.

Steve

B

bluenova

My brakes do all 3 at different times, I thought it was normal. :confused: