Great tires!!!

H

HavBlue

Self sealing tire technology is nothing new although this is the first I have seen it on a bike. At present Uniroyal, Goodyear and Continental offer this technology and there may be a few more. The VW Passat has them from the factory. I wonder how these tires handle....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Self sealing tire technology is nothing new although this is the first I have seen it on a bike. At present Uniroyal, Goodyear and Continental offer this technology and there may be a few more. The VW Passat has them from the factory. I wonder how these tires handle....

I had seen this on car tires but also never on a bike tire, seems like a bike causes more of a danger to get a flat than a car tire though. excellent that they are at least testing the technology on bikes.

H

HavBlue

I had seen this on car tires but also never on a bike tire, seems like a bike causes more of a danger to get a flat than a car tire though. excellent that they are at least testing the technology on bikes.

Flats don't bother me, it's the blow out that gets my attention in terms of what if. Most of these are supposed to seal up to 5mm and that ain't much but it is better than nothing....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw those a while ago too, interesting concept, but i would worry about the "flexible spokes" wearing out and possibly even breaking a few after time.

The ultimate low profile tire!!!