Great Garage Tool!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First- that's a pretty cool hoist ya got there. 2nd- This is off topic, but what kind of bag is that on the rear seat? It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Hows' it workin' for you and does it have bungee cords already attached on the bottom? Thanks yo!

Thanks!

The bag is the Cortech Sport Tailbag ( Cortech Sport Tail Bag :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts ) and yes, it has the bungies with large plastic hooks built in. It zips on both sides to expand as well. This bag can hold a LOT! I put it on and take it off twice a day. It takes seconds. IT also has buckles to clip directly to the Cortech Sport Saddle bags as well. I've got a couple threads with the pics and how they mount.

Data

What town am I in?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't realize you have loft storage above the hoist- that complicates things a bit. You will probably never have a problem with the setup the way it is- but- lift more weight, add shock loading, age, it could split the lumber. If the mounting tube is attached to 2 trusses, the quickest and easiest thing to do is slide the hoist over so the load is evenly spread over both trusses- it appears that it is very close to the truss pictured. There are several ways to spread the load to better bearing points without chiseling any wood, perhaps you could bolt through the wood a few inches higher and tie to the angle brackets with short straps and that would be enough.
I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I have had a lot of experience with that sort of setup and I would be concerned with 1000 lb capacity and dynamic loading. If you don't lift any more than the bike, you will probably never have a problem with it. I have been know to over-engineer things at times.