Great Garage Tool!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great! Thanks! I mentioned my ideas and now I have this obnoxious red handprint on the side of my face! Someone could have warned me... :rof:

CamMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen and love it! Do you folks think it would be bad to buy ones wife a hoist for her birthday? thoughts? :thumbup:

P.S. Sue's husbands e-mail address is...

Last edited:

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen and love it! Do you folks think it would be bad to buy ones wife a hoist for her birthday? thoughts? :thumbup:

You would be in *SO MUCH* trouble! :eek:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sorry my first thought was not as a garage tool or new bedroom furniture... I think this opens up all kinds of possibilities for winning the BOTM contest... some starry backgrounds... a propane torch strategically mounted... maybe some fazer beams and a few explosions...

FREAKING FAZER BEAMS!!!! pew! pew! :surrender:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like some serious photo-choppin'!

Still searching for SueMc's hubby.... I will prevail! ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

:rof: What did you edit? Did you take out the e-mail addy? :disapprove: :spank: :D

CamMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks!
I'm just guessing here but I think, no Im sure there would be tension if I bought Sue the hoist for her birthday and or hoisted the FZ6. ;)
Soooo, how high is your garage ceiling?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! I think I`ll get something like that when we move into our new home (which will have a garage YAY!).

How much was it Eric?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many thanks!
I'm just guessing here but I think, no Im sure there would be tension if I bought Sue the hoist for her birthday and or hoisted the FZ6. ;)
Soooo, how high is your garage ceiling?

The rafters are 10' up. Take away a foot for the hoist and I can lift it nearly 9 feet.

The hard part was getting off the bike though.... ;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!! I think I`ll get something like that when we move into our new home (which will have a garage YAY!).

How much was it Eric?

ty! It was $159.99 Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

However, it was a barter deal. A co-worker needed a utility trailer and I happened to have a 4x8 snowbear I wanted to unload. So, I asked him to buy me this hoist and two of the haulmaster wheel chocks (seen mounted to the ramp behind the bike). It came to about $250 with shipping. It was a win/win! It will lift 650 lbs with the single cable hookup and if you do the dual cable, 1300 lbs. I even measured the rafters for deflection after the lift and they didn't move more than 1/8th inch. Sweet!!!

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you'd like to see how I change the oil. I got this new [COLOR=\"Navy\"]TOOL[/COLOR] that stops you from having to bend over or sit on the floor. Excuse the messy garage... we're reorganizing and I'm putting up Gladiator track along with building lockable cabinets to put all the tools into.

2813770979_c22a4bc965_b.jpg
Please get a pic of you on the bike while it is like that driving it. Please Please Please

Data

What town am I in?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's nice, and you might want to consider running a couple of steel spanner straps from the angle-iron mount brackets to the top chord of the truss before you pull the wood apart on the bottom chord. The overall truss is extremely strong, but it is designed to carry a top load and it is best to transfer the tensile load to the top. It's a couple hours more work and a few bucks- but very cheap insurance IMHO.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's nice, and you might want to consider running a couple of steel spanner straps from the angle-iron mount brackets to the top chord of the truss before you pull the wood apart on the bottom chord. The overall truss is extremely strong, but it is designed to carry a top load and it is best to transfer the tensile load to the top. It's a couple hours more work and a few bucks- but very cheap insurance IMHO.

Do you mean, essentially, to wrap the rafter with the steel straps and bolt through those? One issue is there is a floor system for the loft storage directly above the mount point. I could create a space there with a chisel the same width as the strap. It wouldn't be much work at all as I can loosen one side at a time, remove a bolt and slide the strap into place.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please get a pic of you on the bike while it is like that driving it. Please Please Please

Ok David. I'll get a pic of that! I have a remote for the camera. If I asked my wife to participate in it, she'd refuse and call me an idiot! :D Of course, I'll be an idiot to do it, but it sounds like fun!

The hoist is rated for 1300 lbs so I should be well within the limits. Janette wants a video of the bike being lifted too, maybe I can do both at once?

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
First- that's a pretty cool hoist ya got there. 2nd- This is off topic, but what kind of bag is that on the rear seat? It looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Hows' it workin' for you and does it have bungee cords already attached on the bottom? Thanks yo!