Great Buy on Clutch & Brake levers

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Pazzos for 209 AUD posted. (clutch and brake)
I'm not going to support chinese made crap and put the companies who have standards and do things properly out of business so that in 5 years China can charge me 209 AUD for a pos product.
I lived there for 5 years, and have yet to ever buy the cheaper product that was as good quality. They steal copyrighted products and copy them, they use the same factories and lower quality resources, and they have no standards. Thats why they are cheap.

Its possible they are pretty good, but I'm not risking my life on something that may just one day fail. Because afterall most of the companies that sell these knockoff products lie through their teeth about their product.
Same reason I bought my Lowepro camera bag from a authorised seller here in Aus and paid more. There are plenty of online sellers with the knockoffs, for a reasonable discount, but when you start looking at all those nuetral reviews that don't hurt the sellers rep you suddenly start to see all those people with regrets.

Also I don't think Harly and Pazzo is a fair comparison. One is a quality product, the other is ONLY name (*cough* lifestyle lol).
Even just paying for a 'name', your generally actually paying for a huge investment in R&D and a plethora of hidden costs so that you receive something of an acceptable level.
Like I said, something probably protected by copyright, but a copyright/patent that the Chinese are happy to ignore.

Hope everything goes well and you prove me wrong however. On the quality bit at least.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set for myself in longs. I'll see for myself if they are any good. (I will keep the stockers just incase, though). If you request it, you can order a different colour adjuster on your levers eg: black adjuster with black levers or red adjuster on silver levers. I believe adjuster colours are limited to red and black.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
To anyone who has used these for a substantial period:

Has the black anodizing faded at all? I'd really like to get black ones but I'm scared they will fade to that nasty bronze color like my POS aftermarket gas cap has.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Has the black anodizing faded at all? I'd really like to get black ones but I'm scared they will fade to that nasty bronze color like my POS aftermarket gas cap has.
That has happened to some guys - I'll try to find the thread.....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set for myself in longs. I'll see for myself if they are any good. (I will keep the stockers just incase, though). If you request it, you can order a different colour adjuster on your levers eg: black adjuster with black levers or red adjuster on silver levers. I believe adjuster colours are limited to red and black.

Get the plain Aluminium finish.....no colour to fade then.

:thumbup:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have had mine for nearly a year and no fading at all...they look,feel and work great!

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I shall be ordering some long levers soon as they look great to me.
On the matter of fading or showing wear marks, My 5yr old Yam OEM bar end weights have polished back to bare ally where the outside of the palm rubs so I can imagine a few years will see these fade in places.
Not bothered really, but I'll get mine in natural ally finish anyway with red adjusters!

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to elt you know, there was one small issue with the cheaper Chinese copies, and that is that the brass bush does not fit correctly, so this si what I did.

I went to my local nuts and bolts shop, then to the local metal fabricators etc trying to find someone who could either sell me a bushing or pop out the brass one, but no luck. I ended up drilling it out, and then putting in the stock one. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL as the brass is very soft, so you have to just step up one drill size at a time, until the brass is very thin, then you can collapse it and pull it out. If you try to drill it with a big drill-bit first, it could go off centre or grab and chew a chunk out of the soft alloy. So, just take it easy and it should be fine. It worked for me. And the original bush from your stock levers fits perfectly and you don't get any pinch like you do on the brass fitting, because its about 1mm too short. Hope this helps.

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com
Yeah I'm gonna get me a set of these, they look great and at the price it's a no-brainer. I fully understand some people wanting to support their local manufacturers though.

They also do adjustable length, folding levers now!

Foldable & Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 on eBay (end time 22-Feb-11 20:26:56 GMT)

I like the idea of being able to switch from 2 finger length to 4 finger length - you get the best of both worlds! However they are a little more expensive and I'd be a little worried about the strength of the lever on the adjustable part.

I just ordered these! Can't wait!

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to elt you know, there was one small issue with the cheaper Chinese copies, and that is that the brass bush does not fit correctly, so this si what I did.

I went to my local nuts and bolts shop, then to the local metal fabricators etc trying to find someone who could either sell me a bushing or pop out the brass one, but no luck. I ended up drilling it out, and then putting in the stock one. BUT BE VERY CAREFUL as the brass is very soft, so you have to just step up one drill size at a time, until the brass is very thin, then you can collapse it and pull it out. If you try to drill it with a big drill-bit first, it could go off centre or grab and chew a chunk out of the soft alloy. So, just take it easy and it should be fine. It worked for me. And the original bush from your stock levers fits perfectly and you don't get any pinch like you do on the brass fitting, because its about 1mm too short. Hope this helps.

As i said in my first post, yes the clutch bushing is too large Id as many have found out. i simply pressed the bushing out of my stock lever and replaced the one in the new levers with it. No expense and easy to do.

A small 1/4" socket and a tap with a hammer is all it took me. It sounds like your bushing was WAY tighter than mine in the stock lever.

Good job and a good write up.

Marc

aggroman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I do hope I get a reply. This is kinda dumb quetsion but when I buy the levers do I buy quantiy 2 or does it come in a pair?

Thanks in advance.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Am I the only one who cant get THIS seller to send me the right product?? I got the clutch side w/ a way-too-thin spacer, and as a replacement.. I got... THE SAME THING! :eek:

Now the seller's ignoring me since its past the 45 day complaint timeframe. I tried drilling, WD40'ing, etc, wont move a micrometer!! :spank:

Thorak

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the same thing. The clutch lever has a fixed copper spacer which makes a 8mm hole. The OEM lever hole is 10mm with a loose spacer to fit the 6mm bolt.

I tried pushing it out, filing it out and then drilling. I pretty much destroyed it.

I bought it from seller the2wheels.

Edit: Maybe I was a little hasty. The "destruction" turned out to be quite superficial. I tried drilling some more and I got the spacer out. Using bigger and bigger drill bits in 0.5mm steps got the job done. Not pretty, but done.

Last edited:

PipBoy

Reaction score
Visit site

I've had mine for a couple months. The color has faded A LOT in that time!!! I noticed it fading within a couple weeks of installing them. It is defiently due to the sun. If i get my head under and look up at them, the bottom(that doesnt see direct sun) is still dark black. The rest of the lever has turned kind of a shiny gun metal color. I was upset about it at first but what can you expect for $40. I kind of like it now though. Still matches the bike pretty well and makes them a bit unique

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for fading... 2 months and covered mostly during rain, etc., and its mostly faded from black to gray-ish.

The clutch lever I got was from the R6. The bronze bushing inside was the wrong size (as others have found out). I ended up drilling through a bolt, cutting the head and thread off, and using that as the spacer inside the bronze bushing. It worked great, but most people probably aren't equipped to take this step. It was a real pain in the ass.

I also had to powdercoat my levers after a couple weeks because all the black anodize coating came off. They look fantastic now.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/27535-cheap-brake-clutch-levers-5.html#post400047

From this:
35322d1303695893-cheap-brake-clutch-levers-img_20110423_141318.jpg

To this:
35324d1303695893-cheap-brake-clutch-levers-img_20110424_202135.jpg

And I know the powdercoat will last because it lasted for more than 4 years on my old levers and the clutch lever still looked great when I pulled it off.

PipBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
The clutch lever I got was from the R6. The bronze bushing inside was the wrong size (as others have found out). I ended up drilling through a bolt, cutting the head and thread off, and using that as the spacer inside the bronze bushing. It worked great, but most people probably aren't equipped to take this step. It was a real pain in the ass.

I also had to powdercoat my levers after a couple weeks because all the black anodize coating came off. They look fantastic now.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/27535-cheap-brake-clutch-levers-5.html#post400047

And I know the powdercoat will last because it lasted for more than 4 years on my old levers and the clutch lever still looked great when I pulled it off.
if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to get the powder coat done? it looks waaaay better :eek: