Great Buy on Clutch & Brake levers

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have these levers and love them. I ordered a pair for my brothers FZ1 and they fit great.

best levers you will find for the price!!

Clutch Brake Lever Yamaha FZ6 R FZ1 Fazer XJ6 Diversion - eBay (item 150443324598 end time Feb-07-11 02:29:38 PST)

These sleek looking performance sport bike levers deliver the best in the market.

Clutch and brake levers are CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum to precise tolerances.

Both clutch and brake levers are fully adjustable.

They come in a variety of anodized colors.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have these levers and love them. I ordered a pair for my brothers FZ1 and they fit great.

best levers you will find for the price!!

Clutch Brake Lever Yamaha FZ6 R FZ1 Fazer XJ6 Diversion - eBay (item 150443324598 end time Feb-07-11 02:29:38 PST)

These sleek looking performance sport bike levers deliver the best in the market.

Clutch and brake levers are CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum to precise tolerances.

Both clutch and brake levers are fully adjustable.

They come in a variety of anodized colors.

These budget priced Chinese made alternative levers to Pazzo's, ASV's, etc, are pretty bloody good, i now have a set, and whilst they are not quite as good as say a set of Pazzo's, they are close enough, and much better than the cast OEM levers on our bikes...

Great buy.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a similar set from eBay, all looks like it comes from the same factory in Honkers. Haven't arrived yet. I ordered shorty's but changed my mind because the clutch gets a bit heavy when using it a bit. Either way, they look good on eBay, just hope they perform as good.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a similar set from eBay, all looks like it comes from the same factory in Honkers. Haven't arrived yet. I ordered shorty's but changed my mind because the clutch gets a bit heavy when using it a bit. Either way, they look good on eBay, just hope they perform as good.

I reckon you will be as happy as an AFL player in a Brothel! :D

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually got the same levers for my bike and was quite surprised and pleased with the quality. The only issue I had was that the ID on the bushing for the clutch lever was to large. I just took the bushing out of the stock lever and no worries.

They are very close to the Pazzo levers and what the heck, It's an FZ6 after all. :D

Marc

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
cant belive how cheap these are.. makes you wonder how much profit pazzo make on each lever...

Not comparable ..... the Chinese made levers were not designed or engineered in China, they are knockoffs from designs made in Europe and North America and made with cheap, cheap labor. I buy enough Chinese stuff day to day (often you have no choice) but I bought the ASV levers from an authorized Yamaha dealer for $180 delivered. Are they functionally better than the Chinese knockoffs? I don't know. But I know the ASV's are made in America with American labor. Their costs have to be higher being located in California and I can imagine there is a premium for liability insurance they have to carry for the nig nogs who put their levers on and then promptly crash their bike. And I suspect the finish and life of an ASV or Pazzo lever will be longer than the Chinese imitation. This is not to say anyone is wrong in buying the cheap stuff, but that you can't compare the two on price and conclude ASV or Pazzo is ripping us off.

Last edited:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not comparable ..... the Chinese made levers were not designed or engineered in China, they are knockoffs from designs made in Europe and North America and made with cheap, cheap labor. I buy enough Chinese stuff day to day (often you have no choice) but I bought the ASV levers from an authorized Yamaha dealer for $180 delivered. Are they functionally better than the Chinese knockoffs? I don't know. But I know the ASV's are made in America with American labor. Their costs have to be higher being located in California and I can imagine there is a premium for liability insurance they have to carry for the nig nogs who put their levers on and then promptly crash their bike. And I suspect the finish and life of an ASV or Pazzo lever will be longer than the Chines imitation.

dude, not everyone has $180.00 to spend on levers. I had these for over a year now and had no problems at all. What makes our country so great is that we do have options on what we buy and from whom. We import 90% of all product to the US from other countrys...look around your house your shoes,tv,dvr,coffee pot all imported....I can go on and on.....After all you ride a YAMAMHA:thumbup:.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
dude, not everyone has $180.00 to spend on levers. I had these for over a year now and had no problems at all. What makes our country so great is that we do have options on what we buy and from whom. We import 90% of all product to the US from other countrys...look around your house your shoes,tv,dvr,coffee pot all imported....I can go on and on.....After all you ride a YAMAMHA:thumbup:.

dude.....you left out the last sentence in my post. Buy the Chinese levers, I was responding to the poster who said Pazzo and AGV type levers were overpriced and they were making a huge profit from their product.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
let me clarify. I understand r&d costs and stuch.. and quality built products.. but seriously.. how different can a pair of $60 levers vs a pair of $180 really be. If the metal is the same and the finished product looks the same... I understand that the chinese ones will be of far lesser quality, but what "less quality" are we talking about. Rust spots, flakeing finishes, or just durability for the long term.. not to say that pazzo and such are over priced, but i was just saying that I think pazzo charges a premium for quality and the name.. kinda like harly (imo, your mostly buying the name)

Synr

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure the price difference is more to do with the cost of labor and business law compliance, than quality. My guess is that the quality is pretty similar.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I just have to ask: What is the great benefit of these (or Pazzo/ASV) levers? OK, they are a few grams lighter, you can get them in other colors than steel, but other than that...?

As a rather novice rider - why should I buy these levers? Just wondering...

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I just have to ask: What is the great benefit of these (or Pazzo/ASV) levers? OK, they are a few grams lighter, you can get them in other colors than steel, but other than that...?

As a rather novice rider - why should I buy these levers? Just wondering...

- much nicer look
- much nicer feel
- much nicer and smoother 'activation' - especially for clutch
- different colour options
- different length options
- more and nicer lever adjustments
- add a custom look to your bike

...and they look so damn cool!!!

Last edited:

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon you will be as happy as an AFL player in a Brothel! :D
Got my levers today! Now I just have to Google the local red-light establishments, throw on a sleeveless jersey, get drunk and party until I end up on the news!!! :BLAA:

Hahaha, yep, they FINALLY arrived today. Well worth the wait though. Yes, I am VERY HAPPY with the look, feel and quality.

The only issue is the clutch bush is a larger ID than the original lever, so will have to look at either replacing the bush or getting bigger bolt. Still STOKED!!!! :rockon:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever001.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever002.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever004.jpg

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my levers today! Now I just have to Google the local red-light establishments, throw on a sleeveless jersey, get drunk and party until I end up on the news!!! :BLAA:

Hahaha, yep, they FINALLY arrived today. Well worth the wait though. Yes, I am VERY HAPPY with the look, feel and quality.

The only issue is the clutch bush is a larger ID than the original lever, so will have to look at either replacing the bush or getting bigger bolt. Still STOKED!!!! :rockon:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever001.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever002.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee155/c-whiz/FZ6/Lever004.jpg

Lol.... dont catch anything at the Brothel!

Glad to see you have your levers....

Re Genuine Versus knock off....i have both Pazzo levers, and knockoff Pazzo's, and both are pretty much identical!!! Looks, material, and performance wise! So yes, Pazo, Rizoma, ASV, Titax, etc, are taking us bike riders for a ride price wise IMHO!

Example, it's $370 for a brembo radial mounted front brake lever, and you have to pay extra for the matching clutch lever, to maintain same levers both sides of your handles, and it's over $200 for the matching Brembo clutch lever.... making the whole purchase a $570 pocket raping!!!

I found a chinese knock off radial mounted brake lever, with fluid reservoir, and a matching clutch lever, with all fitting's for $89 AU for the lot....i bought it thinking, if it's crap, it's only $89....It aint crap, it is a Pazzo copy...and it works brilliantly, with much better feel at the brake lever than the OEM brake lever set up on the FZ6....

I saved just under $500!!!!!

The only difference between the 2 products is not quality, but the Brembo badge, oh, and the lever adjustment numbers on the clutch lever are back to front....lol!

These "Chinese rip-off's" are getting pretty good, so good in fact, Nike cant even tell the difference between their shoes and the Chinese knock off's themselves....truth be known, both are probably made in the same factory anyway!

;)

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna get me a set of these, they look great and at the price it's a no-brainer. I fully understand some people wanting to support their local manufacturers though.

They also do adjustable length, folding levers now!

Foldable & Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers R1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 on eBay (end time 22-Feb-11 20:26:56 GMT)

I like the idea of being able to switch from 2 finger length to 4 finger length - you get the best of both worlds! However they are a little more expensive and I'd be a little worried about the strength of the lever on the adjustable part.