Got the New Plastics on the Buell

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
The new plastics came in for my XB12S. Man! What a big difference. It looks great! See for yourself. :rockon:

And, yes, I know the bike needs washing... :D

It almost looks as good as Wavex's now. LOL!!!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Isn't it cool how you can mix and match the colors?

Oh yeah! I love the new look of the gold/orange on this bike! An easy switch, and wasn't all that costly. Well, maybe a little. Paid around $300 for the new air box cover and windscreen. But it was worth it! :D

You thinking about making some color changes to the 1125R?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
You are right... ALMOST as good!!!

LOL just kidding man it looks great!

I just washed my XB this past wkd... it needed it badly!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
You are right... ALMOST as good!!!

LOL just kidding man it looks great!

I just washed my XB this past wkd... it needed it badly!

LOL!! Yeah...

But... do you have a Buell Race Kit installed on yours? No need to answer since they don't make them anymore. :) I just found out this past weekend that the person who owned the bike before me installed the kit on the bike which includes:

• Race Exhaust
  • K&N Filter
  • Race ECM

I don't think that the Harley dealer knew that this was on the bike. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have traded it evenly to me. Lucky me! :cheer:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
cool! I sometime want to pull the trigger on an aftermarket exhaust (if only to hear the sound of the Special OPS pipe), but I am still stock because it sounds perfectly fine as is and that bike has plenty enough power for my fun and to kick my a**!! :D

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
cool! I sometime want to pull the trigger on an aftermarket exhaust (if only to hear the sound of the Special OPS pipe), but I am still stock because it sounds perfectly fine as is and that bike has plenty enough power for my fun and to kick my a**!! :D

Got a friend locally who I ride with and has the Special Ops on his Buell. They sound great! I was actually considering getting one before I traded up to the new beast. The Special Ops are a good price too.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah! I love the new look of the gold/orange on this bike! An easy switch, and wasn't all that costly. Well, maybe a little. Paid around $300 for the new air box cover and windscreen. But it was worth it! :D

You thinking about making some color changes to the 1125R?

Black and blue works well for me. However black wheels might look nice too.

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! I did another mod today...I removed the fugly belt guard; four torx and 2 minutes! Much cleaner looking. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The Spec Ops pipe is really nice. :thumbup:

Looks like I'm stuck with the stock boat anchor of a muffler for a while longer. The new Drummer SS is out and it is WAAAAY too loud. Imagine a Monza style muffler and the pipe goes straight through. Rumor has is all kinds of parts will be out once Daytona is complete.

I got on the throttle all way to redline, through 3rd today a scared the crap out of myself! First is good for about 60 mph and it was there before I knew it, missed the shift, and hit the rev limiter. Damn! I don't need any more power at all.

Oh and the Power Commander mod is well on its way too. I hope to get that done over the next month. This will be the first and only one!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Yeah, the black/blue mix looks great. Preferably with the blue wheels though. At least in my opinion.

As for the belt guard, I've considered taking that off as well. I dunno. Maybe one day I will. However, I think I'll wait a bit to do any more mods to this bike. I actually like it the way it is now. Then again, I could always change my mind on that. LOL! :D

Just be careful on that 1125R. It's got substantially more horses inside of it than the FZ6. As you've seen, it can catch you off guard if you're not careful. Although the XB12 isn't as powerful, it's caught me unawares every now and then. And kudos on the Power Commander. Definitely let us know how that works out.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Here's a quick (and extremely horrible) vid of my bike running. Hopefully the sound comes through ok. Maybe it'll give you a fair idea of what the exhaust sounds like.

If you get a 'Video no longer available' message, just click on the link at the top of the vid window.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut4C6NLn5Wc"]YouTube - XB12S with Buell Racing Kit[/ame]

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
You evil evil man. Don't post stuff like that on here! You're gonna make me want one :) hehe :spank:

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Ahhh... but here's even a better video. Enjoy!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOl7hihvPk&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Better Buell XB12S Sound Test[/ame]