Got out for an hour long ride today....

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Felt SO good to be on the bike, weather was warm enough so I took advantage of it. On the way home I came over a bridge, the way the sun was setting projected a shadow on the barrier wall next to me and it looked exactly like the FZ6 patch. I felt like this guy:thumbup:

tom_cruise_motorcycle.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Felt SO good to be on the bike, weather was warm enough so I took advantage of it. On the way home I came over a bridge, the way the sun was setting projected a shadow on the barrier wall next to me and it looked exactly like the FZ6 patch. I felt like this guy:thumbup:

Cool on getting out to ride today.

I live 3 miles from where this shot was taken. It was NAS Miramar then and is now MCAS Miramar.

Maybe I'll get a chance to do a short ride tomorrow.... I need it! :p

Last edited:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site

That's great that you got out to ride! So looking forward to spring in my neck of the woods. Do you worry about the salt residue still being on the roads yet or do you wash your bike down quick after the ride?

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
dschult i feel your pain brother! i am near south haven and we have about what you do for snow, and spring cant get here quick enough..

i usually wait for most the salt to rinse, figure why add extra corrosion and such to something that dont need it. the cars/trucks get enough.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE!! Yesterday was the annual MSF update and I rode over (55 miles each way). As you said.. felt SO good to be on two wheels again after all this down time!!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great that you got out to ride! So looking forward to spring in my neck of the woods. Do you worry about the salt residue still being on the roads yet or do you wash your bike down quick after the ride?
I do worry about the salt, but it wasn't too bad this time. I think the snow melt washed most of it away. I'll give it a quick wash today.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Spent 2 weeks recovering from Flu. Still not 100%. Waiting for bona fide warmer weather and for the cough/headache to be gone.

Glad to hear you guys are able to get out and ride for a bit

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spent 2 weeks recovering from Flu. Still not 100%. Waiting for bona fide warmer weather and for the cough/headache to be gone.

Glad to hear you guys are able to get out and ride for a bit

Agh!! That sucks! Glad you're mostly over it.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have too.. but instead ended up rotating tires, washing motos, cars, bicycles :rolleyes:

ah well.. still day well spent! :thumbup:
We took the kids bowling instead, turns out the kids liked playing the motorcycle arcade game just as much....YES!!!

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
I took her out today for a good 4 hour ride and It felt awesome! Besides the fact it started to rain which then increased my salt accumulation it was all good. Just have to watch out for all those new jersey pot holes !

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good for you. I too was able to take a short ride on Saturday. I rode January 1st and now February 1st. Do I see a trend going down? I like to try and ride at least once a month all year long if possible during the winter. I live in the land of rain normally. We have had such a dry winter this year it's been easy to get it done!

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather here over the weekend was fantastic! :thumbup: I was not able to get out Saturday on account of doing stuff with the girlfriend, and attempting to get myself out of the dog house a bit. :spank:

Sunday was 65 and sunny. Managed to get the bike out after doing a bit of work. She fired right up and ran like a champ. Since I don't have colder weather gear (my goal for 2014), it was nice to even just get around town. I wish I could've gone out to the country for a bit, but getting out to catch up with a friend over a micro-brewed pint (and find out he's expecting a kid!), then making a trip to the grocery store was great. If anyone is wondering, you can fit a twelve pack of Guinness to share with friends for the super bowl on the back quite nicely. I did not drink any of said Guinnesses until parking the bike & locking it up for the evening, for the record. :D

I'm really glad some of you guys/gals were able to make it out to ride, though. Can't wait for spring, and warmer weather!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was so upset that I didn't get the bike out on Sunday because it hit 70F here! last Tuesday morning it was barely over ZERO! Now here we are 24 hours later and it's 38 and sleeting. :spank: