Got my first pull over this weekend.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got pulled over for the first time on the FZ yesterday. When I saw him I was doing 67 in a 45. He said he clocked me at 60 and that I was rapidly decelerating. I was completely geared up, very respectful, gave him all my information and when he came back he said: "be careful and have a good day". That's right no ticket for 22mph over. Friendswood PD are the best at least this guy is.:rockon:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being polite has got me out of plenty tickets, mostly in the car. I have found that if you acknowledge you have made a mistake it helps. And when on the bike, if I have my helmet off and my licence in my hand by the time the cop gets to me it helps too.

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, he caught you at 15mph over the limit. Had he clocked at 67mph, it might have been a different story. Spedo error is a good thing :p.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are a very lucky rider. In the town I'm staying in, that would've been a ticket. And very likely one with a radar testimonial... A painful citation, indeed.

ATGATT and respect -- good call.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Being polite has got me out of plenty tickets, mostly in the car. I have found that if you acknowledge you have made a mistake it helps. And when on the bike, if I have my helmet off and my licence in my hand by the time the cop gets to me it helps too.
That has worked wonders for me I have gotten three speeding tickets but have been pulled over easily 2 dozen times

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
i got pulled over last night. well kinda he got behind me after a turn and turned on his lights. saw me stop pulled up next to me, saw who i was and told me my tail light was out. then threw up the deuces as he passed by and said that's a sweet bike.

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
you guys dont know how good that is...in LA, youll get BS tickets out of nowhere when you are doing absolutely nothing illegal. And in your case, you would get a 400$+ ticket for sure.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like it pays off to be nice. Also depends alot on the cop. I got pulled over the other day doing over 90 in a 55. He clocked me at 90 and wrote me for 79. I figured it didn't matter how nice I was or what I did I wasn't going to get out of that one!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I got "arrested" the other day (for reasons completely unrelated to riding) and after an hour in the cruiser - they let me go with no charges. I credit my respect, politeness, honesty, and straight up my ability to pucker up and kiss those cops' right in the ass. It works 9 times out of 10.

I've also been pulled over 3 or 4 times, and I have yet to receive an officially documented moving violation. It's a warning almost every time (knock on wood).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop on the 1st of January doing 13 over. I too was wearing full gear, and was very polite and respectful. What did I get, I received a $192.00 ticket to break in the new year.

Here in Vegas, 98% of the speeding ticket are reduced to a parking ticket for just $70 by hiring a traffic lawyer which cost about $50. No traffic school, no points, no record of even being cited. It's huge business, otherwise we wouldn't have anymore limo and taxi drivers.

The other 1.9% will try to fight the ticket themselves in court, but they eventually all cave in to the junior district attourne that offers the same deal, reducing it to a parking ticket, about $70, of course without the cost of a traffic lawyer.

The other 0.01% like myself, will refuse the offer and roll the dice and take their chances in court. Appear in front of a judge, make the cop who wrote the ticket to appear in court and see what happens.

I don't really care if I get off or not, I just want to drag the cop down to traffic court on his day off. My court date is on the 5th of October, that's over ten months since I got the ticket. And I may just have to reschedule that date for the hell of it, and see how long I can drag this thing out.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
In my experience (at least here) most of them expect you to run so just pulling over in the first place gets you on their good side. Wearing full gear and being polite just adds to it.

I got pulled over last year after waiting at a red light for around 10 minutes and finally running it once the intersection was clear. Turns out there were a couple squad cars behind me a few cars back...when I pulled over they went on a loud rant about how they scrape riders like me off the streets every day and lumped me in with some other stereotypical sportbiker problems...I let him finish then calmly explained that there weren't any sensors on that light and how we all would have waited all night if I hadn't gone and also that the law advises to treat a non-functioning traffic signal as a 4 way stop. Didn't even get a warning, they just went back to their cars and left.