Got my Carbon Fiber Scorpions today!

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Delivered today! I am thinking if I should install them by myself. I called up my local shop and they cannot take in the bike until Tuesday, so the cans are going to be just lying around the whole weekend.

The problem is, I haven't done many modifications on the bike, well just the F/E kit which was relatively easy. I am not sure whether all the tools I need for doing this install come in the toolkit? The instructions that came with the slip-ons do look easy and straightforward and I am itching to put these on the bike!

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say go for it! I put my devil cans on by my self. No biggie. Just make sure you have the tools you need, which by the way isn't much. A wrench, a screwdriver, and some other stuff that most people have. If you screw it up, then there's the dealer. But I can almost guarantee you that won't happen:thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
DO IT! It's easy and you will thank yourself afterwards! :thumbup:

It really isn't very difficult and the 'worst' part is removing the back sections of the bike, and that only consists of a few allen headed bolts!

you-can-do-it.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
This is waht your bike will look like once you remove the tail section. The whole tail assembly unbolts, un plugs and lifts off easily.

DSCF3752.JPG

Then you remove the plastic stock "dual exhaust" cover and unbolt the stock exhaust from the mian pipe.

DSCF3757.JPG

Too easy!

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh sweet! Thanks for the pics! I do have a general idea about it since having opened up the whole tail assembly to put on my F/E kit. Had gotten carried away back then, and the scorpions also came with decent instructions with illustrations.

Cool! I have a project for this weekend!