Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
Some of you may have seen my posts about getting an fz6.....

Picked her up yesterday 2007 red the sexier? one

3250 Never been droped.... 7900 miles soo clean... garage and show room floor Queen.

Stock rear tire so that will have to go,
The shifting is clunkier than i thought it would be especially first and second any advice?

Everything really solid though had her to 130 to make sure the gears were all there :spank: i know good thing speed limits 75 out here actually flew up on a cop and she didnt do anything but i matched her speed once i realized.

now to watch Twist of the wrist 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVWLIfChUwg

again.

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, amazing deal!

And yeah you'll get used to the low gear clunkiness, that's always the first thing new FZ6'rs will notice and complain about :p (I was once there too)

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, amazing deal!

And yeah you'll get used to the low gear clunkiness, that's always the first thing new FZ6'rs will notice and complain about :p (I was once there too)

Yeah I just redid my shifter points with lithium grease as was suggested, huge difference even with 1st to 2nd and back. Can you repost that picture showing the points for him? Might help, garage queen bike or not. ;-)

Picked her up yesterday 2007 red the sexier? one

Almost as gorgeous as the racing blue one. Best year though and impressively low mileage! Good service history too I'd guess.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the pic. Hope it helps.

The red lines point to the two points that typically need to be lubricated. These are both ends of the silver rod that connects from behind the left rearset to the shifter arm just above the chain guard cover on the case. Any oil will help. Lithium grease will stay through more washings.

(Psst: Don't mention WD-40 or we'll start another appropriate but grumpy lecture. :D Short version: WD-40 is designed to penetrate rusted fittings and will evaporate rather than hang around to provide lubrication.)

picture.php

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
The shifting is clunkier than i thought it would be especially first and second any advice?

You'll get used to it, I don't even notice it anymore. Actually, when I ride other bikes with smoother transmissions sometimes I find myself wondering if it actually shifted into the next gear.

The only time the 1-2 shift is annoying, imo, is when riding two-up.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike, looks nice. Also lube the shifter where it pivots on the shaft. Preloading the shifter helped especially the 1-2 shift. I rand several different oils over the 44,000 miles I put on mine. Some were better than others in regards to clunking. Red Line seemed the best. Don't want to start a long discussion about oil - there are lots of threads about different oils - lots of opinions.

Best solution for clunking is to make all shifts above 10,000 RPM and at WOT! :)

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the pic. Hope it helps.

The red lines point to the two points that typically need to be lubricated. These are both ends of the silver rod that connects from behind the left rearset to the shifter arm just above the chain guard cover on the case. Any oil will help. Lithium grease will stay through more washings.

(Psst: Don't mention WD-40 or we'll start another appropriate but grumpy lecture. :D Short version: WD-40 is designed to penetrate rusted fittings and will evaporate rather than hang around to provide lubrication.)

picture.php

Thank you everyone =) especially for the picture and explanation ill have to do that tomorrow.

Heres a few more pics of her i just got home been staying on a friends couch for two days

Towed her over the mountain range in my little 1995 lexus sc300 with the 4 x 8 uhaul
Had to remove the windshield and mirrors but as you can see they are back on :thumbup:

I've already put 150 miles on it and i still dont have plates.. gotta register in your county so my friday was a waste

Unrelated but whats a decent price for a set of tires? those stock Michelin's have seen better days I dont mind taking a trip to a big city for them I live in a small town.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My take on pricing for tires is, if you can get a pair for under $200, you're getting a deal, but that's online and not including mounting. Keep your eyes peeled for sales, but also check any local shops near where you live. They sometimes offer reasonable pricing and I'm a big believer in buying local when ya can. Good luck and ride safe...