Got Another Bike :P

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Want to get heavily involved in riding track next year so a few months ago I started perusing CL everyday in search of an affordable track bike. After a few weeks I came across one that I really liked, a 2006 Ninja ZX6-R. After talking with the owner for a few days, I was able to secure a price that I couldnt pass up.

So far I have done all the normal stuff. Brake pads, brake fluid, oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, etc. The thing runs great and is balls to the walls fast. Havent been on a faired bike since my very first bike, a 650R (which really doenst compare) and its amazing how well this thing handles speed.

Cant wait to get out on the track next season. Hoping to get in at least 6 and hopefully 10 track days.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome bike, almost looks too nice to crash ! :BLAA:

Thanks man. And yea, it will suck when I inevitably put her down on the track. I got fork, swingarm, and frame sliders and will prob get a nice set of Woodcraft 3 piece clip ons so hopefully it will be nearly bomb proof (minus the plastics) for most crashes at the track.

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the last year of the 636cc displacement (until now). Why they stopped making those is beyond me... that motor is magical.

If that's going on a track, get race fairings ASAP! Those mint street parts are worth a pretty penny! What tracks you thinking about riding?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
That's the last year of the 636cc displacement (until now). Why they stopped making those is beyond me... that motor is magical.

If that's going on a track, get race fairings ASAP! Those mint street parts are worth a pretty penny! What tracks you thinking about riding?

It will be a track bike and weekend warrior for fun. The bike was dropped by the previous owner so the right side fairing is slightly damaged. Lucky for me, the brunt of the drop was taken on the slider which I already replaced and the rear set which was replaced with a set of Vortex units.

I plan to ride Thunderbolt Raceway in Jersey and the new NY Safety track upstate.