Got an appointment with the fabrication shop next Thursday

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
And so I need some ideas. I'm already going there to to get the quote on setback plates V 2.0 (see attachment). But I'm thinking of checking the following

1. Handlebar Clamp cover
  2. Naked fairing stay with mounts speedo, maybe other things
  3. Fairing stay & brackets to mount up R6 Track/OEM plastics
  4. Rear grab handle replacement with mounts for luggage
  5. Rear subframe + grab handle replacement (compatible with 07+ passenger pegs)
  6. Rear subframe tail chop
  7. Top triple replacement with accommodations for clip-ons
  8. Tank replacement with accommodations for clip-ons
  9. R6 triple tree conversion kit
  10. R1 triple tree conversion kit
  11. R6 swingarm conversion kit
  12. R1 swingarm conversion kit
  13. Rear swingarm replacement (for sport, looks)
  14. R1 Projector naked mount kit

I need drawings or examples. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. No ideas? I'm surprised. At the very least, I'll get one more run of set back plates and some specialty parts for my bike.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
I think it would be awesome if you could mount a cotton candy to the back of the bike:BLAA:

2009FZ6R.jpg

Last edited:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the tank idea, even if they can mod the stock one (just needs to be lowered at the front a little).

How about something with the front sprocket cover, chain guide or hugger (or do you already have those modded?). Or a tasteful decorative exhaust shield?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hard to say. Can't tell if the two speedo holes are the same distance. For some reason though, I remember CrazyBiker saying that the Fairing Stay-to-Frame mount is the same but the speedo-to-Fairing Stay is different. Can someone lend me theirs?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the tank idea, even if they can mod the stock one (just needs to be lowered at the front a little).

How about something with the front sprocket cover, chain guide or hugger (or do you already have those modded?). Or a tasteful decorative exhaust shield?

What do you have in mind for the sprocket cover? My chain guard and & have been removed for almost 5 years. :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote for #7 and 8 first, and number 11 as secondary. But concerning the R6 swingarm, doesn't the R6 rear suspension mount via dogbone? Not sure what all needs to be done to fit the swingarm, maybe just make a dogbone for the FZ6 shock to mount on?

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Update: I think I'm only going to be able to get setback plates out of the shop (that's what my budget allows right now). Most of the other things are going to be very expensive to engineer.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
But concerning the R6 swingarm, doesn't the R6 rear suspension mount via dogbone? Not sure what all needs to be done to fit the swingarm, maybe just make a dogbone for the FZ6 shock to mount on?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRXmufhqgg]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 com escora da R6[/ame]

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
oso2k, I actually just asked over on SBN if there was an update about the setback plates, so just ignore it...lol. I didn't realize you'd updated this thread and somehow missed it!

Definitely put me down for a set of the new plates.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
oso2k, I actually just asked over on SBN if there was an update about the setback plates, so just ignore it...lol. I didn't realize you'd updated this thread and somehow missed it!

Definitely put me down for a set of the new plates.

;)

Met with the fabrication shop last week. A design spec'd out and I'm waiting on a final design this week. It will resemble something like the attached image (sorry about my bad Gimp work). Circles of increasing radius drilled out in the center plane starting at the frame stabilizer peg notch running along another radius in a fan like sweep. Still no pricing or availability date.