Got a new Subi!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forester that is. With the exceptionally bad winter we have had, I was getting increasingly worried about the wife riding to work in the S-10. Putting sand bags in the back helped, but it was still fish tailing and losing traction in the snow and ice. Decided on the Forester after doing some research. Really like it so far.:Flash:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
that's the latest model right? subarus and landrovers are the best baby suvs for a bit of offroad stuff, the others are just cars on tiptoes. i beleive it has the boxer engine? Nice purchase

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Forester family. Now get yourself HERE!!! (SF.org)

Great people with loads of information. Ask any question and you'll get and answer pronto. I have the same handle there, pop on by.

**Check out my garage to see my Forester..

Last edited:

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, I just purchased a legacy last year. I decided to get snow tires for it even tho they're not totally necessary. But if you really wanna perform in the snow, the tires + all wheel drive = a beast in the snow

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that's the latest model right? subarus and landrovers are the best baby suvs for a bit of offroad stuff, the others are just cars on tiptoes. i beleive it has the boxer engine? Nice purchase

Yes, it is a 2010 2.5X Limited. I believe they all come with the boxer engines (pistons 180 degrees from each other) giving it the lower center of gravity.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Forester family. Now get yourself HERE!!! (SF.org)

Great people with loads of information. Ask any question and you'll get and answer pronto. I have the same handle there, pop on by.

**Check out my garage to see my Forester..

Yes, I have been Jman there for a couple of weeks with my bike for my avatar.:D Very nice turbo model you have there!! Look at all those mods!

Last edited:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll love it! My first Subaru was a 2001 Impreza 2.5 RS. It looked just like a WRX, but came with a 2.5 liter naturally aspirated engine instead of the 2.0 liter turbo charged engine.

My wife has a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 I which is her daily driver. I traded my Impreza to get the Legacy, otherwise I'd still have it.

Both have been great cars! Once you have a Subaru, you will more than likely keep buying them.

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. I bought an SUV when I went away to college in the UP of Michigan thinking id need a true truck. In actuality, I wish i'd bought a Subuaru. I love my Durango and it's been a great vehicle, but Id be happier with something the handled and performed better, got better gas mileage and had a manual.

Very nice car, except there's something wrong with the stick in the middle........ :D

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1997 Legacy Outback and 2007 Tribeca B9 here, it's so contagious that my nephew got himself a 1992 Impreza with a 1994 STI engine upgrade.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Subaru love all the way. Nimzo knows what happens when you stay around SF.org for too long. I bought mine thinking it was going to stay stock.... Yeah, not so much.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice vehicle! My wife drives a 05 Legacy Outback with snow tires. That car is unstoppable in snow! Did have a bunch of minor issues with it, but I think part of it was the fact that it was 1st model year.
Going to be trading it in very soon for an Outback Sport.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When my dealership started selling Subaru i was picked to go to school to repair them.They are good cars.... I thought this little fact about them was hilarious... No offence intended.... I think you guys will see the humor in it!! :BLAA: Top Lesbian Cars

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I nearly bought an older Forester instead of the Jeep.
Had my WRX V-Limited for 5 years now and its a keeper. ;)
Came as an import from Japan,with ££££ in reciepts for the engine,suspension and brake works Bang for bucks,it's untouchable

picture.php

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
^^Beauty. That's a great ride with tons of character. Wish we could get some fun models over here. As it is, we have to build them, but that's always fun too.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice vehicle! My wife drives a 05 Legacy Outback with snow tires. That car is unstoppable in snow! Did have a bunch of minor issues with it, but I think part of it was the fact that it was 1st model year.
Going to be trading it in very soon for an Outback Sport.

The outback sport looked awesome to me. Hope you post some pics when you get it.