GoPro Hero HD -coming soon!!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
I ran across this article and it looks like the GoPro with support for HD video is pretty cool!

Rumored highlights:
•H.264 recording
•1080p, 720p, 1280x960
•720p at 60fps = in-camera 50% slow motion!!!!
•support for 32GB memory card
•Rechargeable Li-Ion battery good for 2-3 hours

I'm way excited for this. Especially for the slow-mo and the range of formats offered. Everything else seems to have the same (if not improved) feature set of the existing GoPro cameras. :rockon:

I talked to my friend at motodepot.com and he expects it to be available 8/26 for $260. I plan on ordering it ASAP, as I am very happy with my Hero Wide camera.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wait to see the quality of the new one. Was watching some video of people attaching these things to RC airplanes, so cool and how light they must be.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbVznVhLw4]YouTube - Myrtle Beach Buzzin w/ a Typhoon RC plane & Go Pro Hero Cam[/ame]

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh boy! Sweet! Nice find and thanks for sharing!

And... love that airplane ride! Good stuff. I want one more than ever now!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ran across this article and it looks like the GoPro with support for HD video is pretty cool!

Rumored highlights:
•H.264 recording
•1080p, 720p, 1280x960
•720p at 60fps = in-camera 50% slow motion!!!!
•support for 32GB memory card
•Rechargeable Li-Ion battery good for 2-3 hours

I'm way excited for this. Especially for the slow-mo and the range of formats offered. Everything else seems to have the same (if not improved) feature set of the existing GoPro cameras. :rockon:

I talked to my friend at motodepot.com and he expects it to be available 8/26 for $260. I plan on ordering it ASAP, as I am very happy with my Hero Wide camera.

Might have to uprade!

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Found this listing:

GOPRO MOTORSPORTS HERO HIGH DEFINITION HD VIDEO CA - MiniMania.com

Not much new info, but I'm curious about this: while the 960p and 720p stuff is at the 170° wide angle, the 1080p stuff is at 127°. While I view this as a good thing, I want to see test images/videos.

I'm thinking that since the sensor is 5mp, for the 1080p mode it's only using the native 1920x1080 area on the sensor (or something similar) to ease the processing load on the chip. Total shot in the dark on that one, but it's a logical assumption, right? :D

170 is fine for most things, but when I'm following people I wish I had a narrower angle lens. So, as long as the footage still looks clear this could be a step in the right direction!

A while back I sent GoPro a message asking about the actual release date, and thanking them for including every feature I was looking for (slow-mo, available external lcd, etc...). I also mentioned that my only dilemma was that I wanted both a wide and standard angle unit. After reading about this feature, glad to hear that they are in tune with what their users really want!!!

(Even if it is clever marketing making the best of the equipment's limits ;))

Last edited:

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Was watching some video of people attaching these things to RC airplanes, so cool and how light they must be.

Haha, thats great. I saw an album of kite photography the other day with an inventive but complicated setup to get interval timed shots and thought to myself... "this guy has obviously never heard of a GoPro" hehe.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site