Goodbye everyone

s2vml

s2 vml
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash: having owned the fz6 s2 for nearly 2 years I am moving on to sports bike category. Picking up my BMW S1000RR from the dealer tmrw and traded in the fz6. Got my money back what I paid for it 2 years ago ! Good bye fz6 and thanks for the good times.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride, I'm extremely jealous!

You certainly don't have to leave because you have a different bike, and I'll bet I'm not the only one curious to hear what you think about the Beemer Beastie... :thumbup:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Congratulations :thumbup:, don't leave just because you have a new bike :eek:, post pics and opinions of your new beemer when you get it :rockon:

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
How strange! I looked at an '06 FJR Friday and a '08 Connie today. Am going to to re-look at an '05 Honda ST1300 on Tuesday. Got the bug to get a bike that I can get out of town on more easily to get to the "good" places w/o fighting the wind turbulence. The Honda got the top spot in '05 for it's catagory according to Motorcycle.com. Good Luck.

Ron P

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the purchase! I test rode an S1000RR during a dealer's open house day. Let's just say that at any legal speed in the US, the bike feels like it's on a leash. I know I wouldn't have my driver's license very long if I bought one.:D

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I would also like to hear more about your new bike. I've been thinking about stepping up to a liter bike for a while but might have to work harder on talking my wife into the idea. :p She doesn't like the rep of "those guys". It might take some time but I'm sure I can get her to see the other side of them too. (btw: her ex was one of those guys too, and doesn't help the case :BLAA:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new ride, I'm extremely jealous!

You certainly don't have to leave because you have a different bike, and I'll bet I'm not the only one curious to hear what you think about the Beemer Beastie... :thumbup:

Agreed! We at least need to see a picture of the bike, and we really would like a review of the bike. I posted up pictures and a written review of my 45 minute test ride last spring here in Vegas, but 45 minutes is not enough.

Come back after you had your bike for a while, and let's see a real review!

As far as I'm concerned, a liter sportbike, there is nothing else to think about. It's the BMW. Plus the 6000 mile service interval and 36,000 mile warranty, at least here in the states is very attractive.

s2vml

s2 vml
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for all the replies. picked up new bike over the weekend and done a couple of short rides. loving it !!! its not any more uncomfortable or intimidating than the fz6 but when u want the power theres plenty of it. taking it slow for now. will give a detailed review after i have cloked in a few hundred miles. heres a few pics of my new love, S1000RR:Sport:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
You lucky bugger!
Christmas has come early! I'm trying to think of something negative about it,to make me feel better...Erm....Blue isn't one of my favourite colours :D

Shame you didn't get it at the start of the summer,what with this 'Red Hot' August we were supposed to have had :rolleyes:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice.
Only thing that puzzles me is why BMW went with the odd headlight combination, would look soooooo much sweeter if they were the same. Other than that, cant fault that bike at all.

:rockon:

TerryNB

Reaction score
Visit site
Bit like going from a Balsa Glider to an F16... Congrats! My riding partner has one. Quite the beast-bike. I highly recommend a custom paint job. The stocker is pretty weak. Doesn't "represent" too well.

Last edited:

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I originally thought that you shouldn't leave the forum just because you're on a German bike, but then I saw your pics. I want you to leave.... I just can't take the internal coveteousness any longer.