Good tire deal! (Bridgestone BT016)

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
dam thats cheap and with another 10% off even better... too bad i really dont need tires right now... i may get a set just have when these wear out...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing how terribly the BT016's wear I would pay the premium to get some Michelin Road 2's or 3's on there instead.

My BT016's were past the wear bars up front and in the center on the rears at 4,000 miles! Pretty terrible for daul/tri compound tires.

Now I'm on Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and at 2,300 miles I can see only minor wear, almost look like new tires! I forsee these going 7,000 miles at this rate.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I second that the only way I would buy another set of bridgestones if they were 25 dollars

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
wow i got around 6k and several track days out of my first set.... thats some low numbers you must have been thrashing those tires to only get 4k outta them...

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
I will never run another set of OEM 016s the after market 016s are OKish and they have a new 016 hyperpro that has alot better wet handling. I have run the Bridgestone 003RS on the street and the track and like them, whole lot better than the 016. They are sticker and actually wear better than the OEM 016s I've run,

I have not run the after market 016s but they are better than the oem ones, I put a set of the new 016 hyperpro on a friends Yamaha so I'll be able to get feedback on them.

If you are looking into the best overall tire for hypersport riding than get the Dunlop Q2s if you want to go the sport touring route than go for the ( I hate Michelin) Michelin Road 3 or the Dunlop Roadsmarts, can't go wrong with any of those three.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
wow i got around 6k and several track days out of my first set.... thats some low numbers you must have been thrashing those tires to only get 4k outta them...

All I can think is that some batches of BT016's must be crap and some are good.

I only got 4,000 miles and mine were SHOT and I never did a track day, never spun the rear tire and still had 1/2" chicken strips on the rear tires. I kept them at the correct pressures and my wheels are aligned. Bad tire.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The new BT-016 Pro tire has made it to the USA. The Pro version has been available and used in other parts of the world for a while now. The new Pro version is using a different compound and is using two compounds as apposed to 3 compounds in the original BT-016. Motorcycle Super Store was trying to sell the BT-016 as the BT-016 Pro. I know because it happened to me this year.

Although the BT-016 was a superior tire for it's design in the past it is now even better (Pro version) as tests at Motoradd testing grounds proved the tire to be the best all round tire including wet grip out of 4 tire companies for that type genre tire that were tested.

The mileage of the new Pro version is supposed to be much improved. I've never expected much more than 4k miles out of the original 016 because I understand what this tire was designed for and it always gave me confidence with quick warm ups and had good grip even on cooler tarmac. So far I have no complaint with the new Pro's and I will report later on the mileage.

So be careful that when you buy a set of these you are getting a good date on the rubber. As proven with Motorcycle Superstore they will misrepresent and sell you a BT-016 as a BT-016 Pro and try to tell you as they did me, that it is a Pro with the new compound and also charge you the shipping return when they are clearly misrepresenting.

The BT-016 is termed a "Hypersport" tire. That should alert you to the fact this is not a touring tire and to expect less miles and better grip which has been my experience.

Edit: The OEM BT-016 is not the same tire as the aftermarket BT-016 even though it is tagged the same... :D

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. good info, Cliff! It's the first time I've heard anything negative about M-S dot com too. I've had good luck with them so far.

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
For those people in other parts of the world I would recommend trying the Dunlop SportSmart. They are the best all around tires I have ever used. I put a pair on my track bike to try them out and they had more grip than the Bridgestone 016 and 003RS, the Michelin PP2s. I went an entire day on them and you couldn't tell they were wearing yet I am wholly amazed with them and wish they sold them in the US.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. good info, Cliff! It's the first time I've heard anything negative about M-S dot com too. I've had good luck with them so far.

That's what they did to me so no more business from me. They charged me to send the tire back! I specifically ordered the BT-016 Pro as soon as it was shown on their web site at the time. I already had the front Pro from Cycle Gear but they didn't have a rear. So when I saw the Pro rear at MotorCycle Superstore I jumped on it! :tard: I was a little disappointed but was calm and called them and the guy argued that the tire they sent was a Pro. When I said it's supposed to say Pro on the tire itself he said it was the compound that was changed and it wouldn't say Pro on the sticker. I told him I had a front BT-016 and it said Pro on the sticker and side wall. He said he would call me back. He called back and then said it was the mistake of their supplier Tucker Rocky. I received my return authorization and they wouldn't pay for the return shipping. I can understand mistakes but when you misrepresented your product you should not make the customer pay the return shipping and this is what they did.
You know me, I try to have a good time and hopefully stay out of trouble.
They did me wrong!

I was getting my bike ready for the big Angeles Crest ride we were doing and needed the tire.

Goop did some sourcing for me while I was on the road and found that Cycle Gear could get the correct tire for me. I went to CG and they had it at the local store here in San Diego the next day.

I just got the tire back to them and will always treat them like they treated me. With lack of respect!

Motorcycle Superstore:thumbdown::spank::disapprove:

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
This vendor screwed me the same way with a gloves purchase. The gloves i received were clearly used and they made me pay for return shipping. There are a lot of good vendors out there and i dont mind advertising how bad the bad ones are. It sucked doing business with ms.com

LCR

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you talking about the dunlop roadsmart?

Me? No.

You'll have to go on European and Australian pages to even find it. Basically imagine a NTec race tire carcass with a street compound and that's a SportSmart. They offer the same if not better grip than the American Q2 and last a hell of a lot longer.

Not trying to nut swing on Dunlop but I was impressed with how the Q2 handles on the track, the quick warm up time, and how long they last both on the track and the street. Then I acquired a set of the European Sportsmarts that had all this hype about it and I thought it was just that, hype. And I was blown away that a tire can handle the wide range of qualities advertised, but I can attest that they live up to their advertisement in the grip, feel, and longevity department. I ran them at 29/21 cold at the track and had hot pressures of 32/26 and the worked great. I went a whole day setting personal bests and the tread looks new still. Just waiting to put them on the street bike.

f I ever buy a new set of sport tires for the streetbike they will be Q2s. For anyone over the pond that can get these I encourage you to look them up and try them out.

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I bought riding pants from Motorcycle Superstore and they sent me the wrong size. I emailed them and they emailed me back within a hour with a printable UPS label and a $25 off $100+ purchase coupon. I received the right size pants in three days no extra charges. So for me they are first on my list if I'm not buying local.