Going for a SS1000

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! Someday I too will belong in this elite club.

But IMO, I think it's kind of a waste to do the SS1000 without a destination. I mean, wouldn't you get more out of it if you set a destination point that would require you to ride a 1000 miles and stay and enjoy the area for at least a day? Yeah, it would make the trip into 2000 miles, but seems just a waste to just ride to knowhere.

Oh and one more thing I might want to add. If you have the time you might want to plan on have a couple days to rest before having to ride that 1000 miles back home... Im not going to lie I was bit sore the next morning.

On the ride in I thought my right arm was going to fall off, my right shoulder was numb. It was all I could do execute a 30mph exit ramp safely. So riding 1000 miles out, then a day to rest and recoup then another 1000 miles. You will then need another 2 days at least to rest from that hit... alot of time off there. So unless you have the time, when you plan to tackle this event, I would make a loop and end up back home and do so by staying as close to home as possible in the event you are not able to finish, you arent far from your own bed.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to ride up to Portland at the beginning of the month, I'm doing it in one shot. Depending which route I take, it will be 900 miles or 1100. whichever route that will have the least snow!

Everybody at work thinks I'm crazy, considering I can fly for free.

furio

Reaction score
Visit site
Well done guys!

it happened that i want to do the SS1000 this July in Germany, and looking for somebody who did it and found your note.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

My only concern for the ride would be to find the witness willing to respond to IBA, was it hard to find witnesses?

how the swedish says: there is no such a thing as bad weather just wrong clothing!