Go shopping squid style

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: Oh, I can't wait to show my wife that! "You see honey, we CAN take to bike to do our grocery shopping!" Do you think that will fly with her?

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went and picked up a new lower grille from the dealer for my mom's mustang. They looked at me funny when I showed up in riding gear. :D

xeres

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha!

This picture reminded me of when i went to Thailand the other year. I was amazed at their road driving skills, bikes were freuquently loaded with 3 or MORE people, Ive seen Vespa's carrying 6 roles of carpet that hangs of the back and looks like the suspension never recovered and even a fridge! Most scarily, Ive seen all of the above being driven on the hard shoulder of their highways going the WRONG WAY dresses in no much more.

Then again they're driving conduct was much to be admired. I found the rules were essentially, if your wheel/bonnets ahead of the car/bike to your left/right then you can feel free to cut into them. They don't even bother to look as such everyone just cuts up each other. Main benefit is you only have to rely on forward vision and your peripheral to check for dangers, mirrors become a hazard to yourself in taking away your forward vision and the simple trick is to stay ahead and if not, be prepared to move. That and DONT get between the cars when they're moving. Only when they're stationary.

X

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw a guy carrying a 6' stepladder... crossways... here in Ogden last fall. :disapprove:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
i've done grocery shopping on my bike before. saddlebags and a small shopping list are the key ;)

I do my grocerys all the time on my bike! Its why i got my Givi Top Case :p
Plus since im a single youngling its a simple list: Cookies, Pizza, Soda, Chips, Tequila, Pop-Tarts and Beer...:D

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha!

This picture reminded me of when i went to Thailand the other year. I was amazed at their road driving skills, bikes were freuquently loaded with 3 or MORE people, Ive seen Vespa's carrying 6 roles of carpet that hangs of the back and looks like the suspension never recovered and even a fridge! Most scarily, Ive seen all of the above being driven on the hard shoulder of their highways going the WRONG WAY dresses in no much more.

Then again they're driving conduct was much to be admired. I found the rules were essentially, if your wheel/bonnets ahead of the car/bike to your left/right then you can feel free to cut into them. They don't even bother to look as such everyone just cuts up each other. Main benefit is you only have to rely on forward vision and your peripheral to check for dangers, mirrors become a hazard to yourself in taking away your forward vision and the simple trick is to stay ahead and if not, be prepared to move. That and DONT get between the cars when they're moving. Only when they're stationary.

X

like these?