Gloves

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's been said before - definitely gloves. Just my 2c - make sure the gloves you go for have additional padding on the base of the palm. Last time i dropped my bike, i ended up landing on my palms, and the padding on my Cortech Scarab winter gloves helped. I just upgraded my summer shorties to gauntlet gloves by Sedici and the padding at the base of the palm was a requirement.

Ride safe

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
Before someone beats me to it:
article-1234067-07840F5E000005DC-133_306x247.jpg

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought these from CompAcc. They are pretty cheap, but give me full leather and hard pads with ventilation.

I also have heavy winter, spring/fall and mesh summer gloves. It is nice to have at least 2 pair.

Plan on at least $30 and often $100 to get what you want.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Injuries and highway speed bugs and rocks aside, sunburned hands hurt! Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe it depends on how much you value various body parts, but i value most of mine fairly equally, hence i always wear armoured boots, gloves, jacket, and trousers (and helmet)]

i always buy the best i can afford too

I agree on this!
You can't really value body parts, and you can't just say that gloves are 2nd most important (after helmet)... if you were an unlucky guy/girl and crashed the bike 10 times... are you really going to fall hands first every time?... I think not!!!
I feel kind of naked if I am not wearing everything (including gloves) just like it feels weird to start the car without taking on the seatbelt. A question of (good) habit maybe?

humm

Reaction score
Visit site
My MSF instructor referred to people who ride without gloves as "ASS HANDS". Why? Guess where they get the skin for grafts when you've fallen and worn through the stuff that you were born with ??

LOL! that is hilarious

I just bought these are they overkill/too racer for the fz6? It's my first bike and am newbie but thought they looked like they would protect well as I know I don't want ass hands and palms hit the ground first usually.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-sp-x-gloves

SP-X__74846.jpg

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit to riding without a jacket sometimes but never without gloves.

I'm a big Dainese fan. I had a pair of these for summer, until the finger ends wore through:

dainese_short_tracks.jpg

Now I have these:

Blaster.jpg

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL! that is hilarious

I just bought these are they overkill/too racer for the fz6? It's my first bike and am newbie but thought they looked like they would protect well as I know I don't want ass hands and palms hit the ground first usually.

Alpinestars SP-X Gloves - RevZilla

SP-X__74846.jpg

These are the same gloves I bought. Two of my co-workers recommended them to me even though they do look a bit like a racer glove. Let me tell you, they have a lot of protection, and are super comfortable.

Think about, since we are both beginners, it isn't such a bad idea to get some of the racing gear because I have noticed that they offer way more protection.

Good choice! Let me know how you like them!

sQuijeW

Reaction score
Visit site
get gauntlet gloves. depending on how you fall your wrists could be broken in an instant upon contact, not to mention how torn up it will be. your wrists are far more vulnerable than your hands.

gauntlet gloves would at least add support and protection to them.

i have these gloves

Shift Bullet Leather Gloves

i bought them for 90... they are now 50. very good beginner gloves, gives you awesome protection. i wouldnt recommend anything less than gauntlet gloves

Last edited:

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
definitely get some, i might be slightly compulsive but i own 3 different pairs (for different seasons)

i'm also going to upgrade summer ones as I'm worried they don't offer enough protection to these:
knox_gloves_handroid_white.jpg

Link-age to the name or where we could buy these?

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I have rode with gloves since buying the bike 3 years ago, now feels so odd without them that I literally can't control the bike as well without them.... I know it's just mental, but still...

not mental, I feel the same way (I sometimes ride with only my helmet on on lunch break at work for the .5 miles to get to sheetz :ban:)

I feel way more comfortable with my gloves on. I got a good pair of boots this season, and I can't believe I went all last year in tennis shoes...I'm lucky I didn't do anything dumb.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Link-age to the name or where we could buy these?

they're Knox Handroids

though there seems to be a mixed opinion about how much protection they actually offer

i'm not sure if they would have prevented the soft tissue damage and broken finger i suffered recently

i would say though that luckily my wrists were fine (maybe years of weight lifting have paid off ;))

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
they're Knox Handroids

though there seems to be a mixed opinion about how much protection they actually offer

i'm not sure if they would have prevented the soft tissue damage and broken finger i suffered recently

i would say though that luckily my wrists were fine (maybe years of weight lifting have paid off ;))

Knox Armour rocks :rockon: (But it is pricey :eek:)
I absolutely love my Handroids, though I only use them when I'm at the track...
When I'm touring, I normally use the T-Pro gloves from Richa.
p81ad.jpg

But I think I'm going to order some more "basic" gloves of Knox as well :)
You can't have enough gear :Flip:

Grtz,

Degake

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like a jackass asking this, but how important are gloves? I've been riding about a month now, and I always wear jeans, boots, an armored jacket and a helmet. Should I get gloves?
yes u need gloves for protection against crashes and from the cold
also if u ride around in the cold without gloves
you may develop problems like Rheumatoid arthritis
so for the sake of a few dollars now
you could be safe guarding your future against effects that could put an end to your riding days forever

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped back to add that june bugs aka frikkin marbles that splat do not feel good on the fingers at highway speed, so theres that to think about too. Good point with the cold and arthritis thing, I never thought about that

LesL60

Reaction score
Visit site
Riding without protective gloves would feel like the going-to-school-without-pants dream.

Plus I'm old enough to need some help gripping the handlebars since my hands get numb after awhile anyway. The gloves allow me to relax my hands a little more than without them.

And I've had some wicked stone and bug impacts. June bugs are brutal. What is the little rock hard bug that finds the skin on my forehead between the helmet and sunglasses? Sometimes ride with the face shield up even though I rearended a bee once with my forehead.

ATGATT, brothers and sisters.