Givi V35s or E41s and SWMotech or Givi Racks?

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, personal preference, blah blah blah...:BLAA: On my last 2009 FZ6 I had the Shad 52 liter topcase and 42 liter side bags and liked them. They did stick out a bit far though.

I think I want to try Givi this time. Considering the V35s and I've seen them on a friend's identical bike. I like them and their overall size, fit, and capacity except even my medium full face helmet won't fit. Not a biggie--can still use the helmet lock or topcase. I do like the double opening feature of the E41s, but not sure I want to quite that big this time.

The E41 dimensions are listed on Twistedthrottle as 22L x 17W x 11D, and the V35s are listed as 20.7W x 12.4D, x 15.5H. For one thing, why can't they keep the dimensions consistent? Anyway, I think I can determine which dimension is which and the E41 don't look too much bigger on paper. Thoughts from owners?

Also, like the idea of the SWMotech quick release racks, but do they have a topcase rack that fits with the side cases? Does it require body mod?

Do I read correctly that the Givi rack for E41s allows other cases like the E21s to fit, whereas the PLX racks for the V35s only fit the V35s?

I've googled and searched here. Does anyone have any rear shots of their V35s and/or E41s on the bike they can post?

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
givi v35s with givi rack

p1090094q.jpg

p1070669n.jpg

Cheers

Nick329

Reaction score
Visit site
I know, personal preference, blah blah blah...:BLAA: On my last 2009 FZ6 I had the Shad 52 liter topcase and 42 liter side bags and liked them. They did stick out a bit far though.

I think I want to try Givi this time. Considering the V35s and I've seen them on a friend's identical bike. I like them and their overall size, fit, and capacity except even my medium full face helmet won't fit. Not a biggie--can still use the helmet lock or topcase. I do like the double opening feature of the E41s, but not sure I want to quite that big this time.

The E41 dimensions are listed on Twistedthrottle as 22L x 17W x 11D, and the V35s are listed as 20.7W x 12.4D, x 15.5H. For one thing, why can't they keep the dimensions consistent? Anyway, I think I can determine which dimension is which and the E41 don't look too much bigger on paper. Thoughts from owners?

Also, like the idea of the SWMotech quick release racks, but do they have a topcase rack that fits with the side cases? Does it require body mod?

Do I read correctly that the Givi rack for E41s allows other cases like the E21s to fit, whereas the PLX racks for the V35s only fit the V35s?

I've googled and searched here. Does anyone have any rear shots of their V35s and/or E41s on the bike they can post?

The quick release racks are very nice. You release three cams on each side and you can barely tell you had side cases attached a few minutes before. Not sure about the topcase rack and you shouldn't have to do any body mods.
And you are correct, the PLX racks fit only the V35 cases due to the curvature of the cases. And any of the standard cases (E21, E41, etc) fit the standard racks.
Hope this helps.

Nick

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
jejeje, well not really

just the day I was using for the first time my brand new v35s we went down (I was riding with my girlfriend, fortunately nothing happened to us), the right pannier was heavily scratched but it didn't broke and never left the rack, excellent quality and resistance, also the top of the trunk had some scratches so a local guy painted the top parts for the three cases and I don't know how as you can see rebuilt the right one.

So what you see as gloss black on my cases were originally more on the matte side, not exactly but kind of the inner part on the first picture (the part that is close to the exhaust).

No matter if you chose the standard version they look awesome.

A matter of personal choice of course but I would never put e41s to my bike, to me they are pretty big and look ugly on our beautiful bikes, the v35s shape is perfect for our fizzers, also I don't have the givi rack all the time I just put it whenever I need it, this year that has not been as much as I would like, actually I have not used the cases this year at all, and next year I won't be using them so much either, the touring time will come later :D:D

Some more pictures

from our fellow member Fred, the ones on the picture are the standard matte ones

The best saddlebag option, in my opinion, is the GIVI V35 hardbags with the Motech rack.

watermark.php

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/2446-givi-plx-v35-bags-sw-motech-rack.html

In case you want the rear view with just the side cases not any top case or monorack here you have my v35s but mounted on my brother in law's bike :)

76184162643233597810916.jpg

73038162641329550210916.jpg

As you can notice I love givi v35s :D

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the V35s with an E470 topcase. I used the same setup on my previous bike, so between the two bikes they have about 40,000 miles on them. Zero issues. I went with the Givi rack rather than the SW-Motech, since the cases really never leave my bike. I always have a pump/plug kit, first aid kit, some tools, and whatever other crap I have with me bouncing around in there. Rarely run the topcase, only for long trips, or as below, sunsets by the lake.

965819139_dniEy-XL.jpg

965819204_YNGjq-XL.jpg

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Give e41's with a Givi e470 topcase. All Givi brand racks. Wanted to go with the SW Motech quick release ones, but they are incompatible with the Givi topcase rack. The Givi sideracks work with all Givi boxes except the V35's. The e41's hold 2 full faced medium helmets, as does the topbox.

scaled.php

img2148mv.jpg

img2149k.jpg

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the V35s with an E470 topcase. I used the same setup on my previous bike, so between the two bikes they have about 40,000 miles on them. Zero issues. I went with the Givi rack rather than the SW-Motech, since the cases really never leave my bike. I always have a pump/plug kit, first aid kit, some tools, and whatever other crap I have with me bouncing around in there. Rarely run the topcase, only for long trips, or as below, sunsets by the lake.

965819139_dniEy-XL.jpg

965819204_YNGjq-XL.jpg

Thanks. Are those gloss black or matte?