Givi V35 Side Case with E52 Top Case

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed full Givi luggage on the FZ6 this weekend. Took many pics to share.

Givi V35 PLX Side Cases
Givi E52 Maxia Top Case
Givi PLX351 Side Racks
Givi FZ 351 Top Rack

Last edited:

jpintozzi

Reaction score
Visit site
Jody,

Looks nice! Can you post a few more pics? I'm looking at the same setup for my FZ6, for a trip up (coincidentally) to Maine at the end of June.

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
The instructions that come with the parts are not that good. Perhaps I simply didn't read them through enough times but I found myself repeating several steps due to the fact that I did something out of order. I tried to install the top rack first then the side racks but...they all go on together.

Here's the bike all stripped down. Pulling the parts off is straightforward and necessary in order to mount the racks. When you install the expanding nuts into the tubes be careful not to wind them in too tight. If you see the tubing start to expand, stop tightening.

These nuts get in the way of the muffler shroud and require you to press down slightly on the shroud where it touches the nut to slip it underneath as you put it on. This will allow the screw holes to line up. I had a hell of a time trying to get the screws to thread in when re-installing the shroud due to this.

Last edited:

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
Once the nuts are installed you can put the shroud back on and then start mounting up the racks. I'm going to tell you right now it's a huge pain in the arse. Do yourself a favor and try to "dry fit" the racks without tightening down all the bolts. Nothing lines up exactly once the bolts are tight. Also if you are mounting both the top rack and the side racks together, you will use hardware from the side rack to complete the installation of the top rack. The SW Motech racks would also have been a good choice given that you can pop the whole rack system off leaving the bike looking stock. I cannot simply pop off these Givi racks as once they are on...they stay on. I noticed that the Motech racks cause the V35's to ride a little lower whereas the Givi racks have them riding higher on the bike. My passengers like using the bags as handles and the Givi rack puts them at just the right height.

Last edited:

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
I was concerned that the E52 case was going to look huge on the bike but it just barely holds my laptop bag so I don't regret the choice. I bought the one with the tail light pre-installed. It has a nice document holder built in too.

One of the more tedious jobs of installing the cases was the wiring. Take your time and try not to get frustrated. The existing turn signal wires will reach back to the wiring harness when mounted on the new brackets. You have to drill a small hole in the fender on either side of the plate light assembly to pass the wires through. A trick to tucking the wires back into the raceway by the muffler is to get them zip tied into place and then attempt to reinstall the cover. Tuck in the side tabs first and then the bottom tabs. I threw on a zip tie for good measure just to be sure it would stay on. Top case wiring tip, connect black to black and blue on the case to brown on the bike. I tried matching up the wire colors at first (black to black, blue to blue) and the light just stayed on all the time.

Lastly I bought the backrest pad but this will never be installed. The wife likes it better without it and honestly, it's not that comfortable. I feel that it pushes you too far forward and since it only makes contact at the top of your back you may have a tendency to hunch over.

Last edited:

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a newbie to hard luggage...can the side cases be installed without the top-rack? I am considering hard side cases and a tank-ring mounted soft tankbag for my commuter duties.

Looks nice :thumbup:

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
The Givi side racks require an additional kit if you aren't using the top rack. If you use the SW-Motech side racks they don't require a top rack.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed full Givi luggage on the FZ6 this weekend. Took many pics to share.

Givi V35 PLX Side Cases
Givi E52 Maxia Top Case
Givi PLX351 Side Racks
Givi FZ 351 Top Rack

Congrats

God, I love the V35's. They look great. I'm getting a set (no top case - I'll stick with my big yeller dry bag) as soon as I feel I can drop the $800... :eek:

Last edited:

fadge

Reaction score
Visit site
they are costly mind,if you wished to have colour coded panels will cost 70 bar,got mine sprayed by the guy who did my side fairings for 40 bar

KarolMZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same setup now. The only problem is watching the weight limits, the cases can hold so much more.
ddg,

I have also LeoVince with my FZ6 bought 1 month ago and I have a problem to attach a half-a-wheel rack which round the exhausts.
Could you please help me with this - I'll be very appreciated.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my V35's. Best mod I have done, bar none. Only downside is they make the bike wider, and therefore I have to be mindful of that while lanesplitting.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ddg,

I have also LeoVince with my FZ6 bought 1 month ago and I have a problem to attach a half-a-wheel rack which round the exhausts.
Could you please help me with this - I'll be very appreciated.

You will either have to do something like this:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18603-givi-luggage-scorpion-oval-exhausts-working.html

or this:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/26939-long-awaited-question-has-been-answered-about-laser-quads-givi-racks.html

Essentially, you need to create a install point under the exhausts for the racks. First link does that by cutting it because it is too long, second link does it by adding to it because it is too short. I don' t know how LeoVince is under the bike, but you can probably create something like above two examples for below the exhaust install point. Just make sure it is strong because you are hooking up your case rack to it. All of this assumes that LeoVince is not too much wider than original exhaust.

HappyHighwayman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I just bought my FZ6 and it came with a Givi V46 top case, already installed on the mounts. Would I need additional hardware before I could mount Givi Sidecases, or am I good to go?

dirttrakduster

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the hard bags interfere with a passenger? Ive got the nelson rigs 950 soft bags and had to push them all the way back aginst the blinkers.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I just bought my FZ6 and it came with a Givi V46 top case, already installed on the mounts. Would I need additional hardware before I could mount Givi Sidecases, or am I good to go?

Yes, you will. You still have to buy side racks for the side cases.

Will the hard bags interfere with a passenger? Ive got the nelson rigs 950 soft bags and had to push them all the way back aginst the blinkers.

Mine does not interfere with the passenger at all.