GIVI V35 and V46 case install with all the trimmings using GIVI racks on Yamaha FZ6 (2008)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I mainly use my FZ6 for commuting and one of the things that bothered me the most was inability to carry stuff around with it. Up until now, I was using the bungee cord the backpack on the back seat method which was getting old. So, I decided to treat myself to full set of GIVI cases for my birthday. :Flash:

Since you cannot have GIVI cases without the safety features of reflective lenses and lights, ;) I decided to add stop and turn signal lights along with reflective lens modifications. And since I was going all out, I thought nice matching keys would also be nice so I don’t have to carry too many keys around. :Flash:

Result:
Bike with a lot of storage and nice lights. :cheer:
View attachment 18827 View attachment 18828

View attachment 18829 View attachment 18830

All of the following pictures were taken when sun was directly shining on the back of the bike which is as worst of a condition as you would have for lights.
View with no lights:
View attachment 18831

View with just running lights:
View attachment 18832

View with flashers on (which also shows how visible they are with breaks for the side cases):
View attachment 18833

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case to none on the side cases:
View attachment 18834

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case, right side case to none on the left side case:
View attachment 18835

I thought, I would also share my install experience with everybody so I documented the entire process. Instead of trying to post the entire process into posts here, I created couple of .PDF files anybody can download, print and use should you want to do so.

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These install instructions show installation of GIVI PLX351 and FZ351 racks, GIVI E105 stop light kit for V46 top case, LEDV35-S running, stop, and turn signal lighting kit for V35 side cases from AdMoreLighting, 3M Scotchlite reflective visibility kit for all three cases, and 3 case matched key lock set from GIVI (after all you don't want to carry around bunch of keys with you for your cases, right? :) ).

Part 1:
View attachment 18836

ded

Reaction score
Visit site
Great job,
I see you have a high windshield also. I am looking for this one too.
Can you tell where did you find it?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Goker, a HUGE thank you for the PDFs you put together!!
I used your install documentation in conjunction with Givi's instructions (which were far from good) and everything was crystal-clear! I was only installing FZ351, but it was easy enough to figure out which steps I did not need.
It was still an enormous PITA. The two bottom bolts at the bottom of crescent brackets without second set of hands... ouch! I ended up taking a different approach. I aligned and lightly threaded in the bottom bolts in first and only then carefully aligned and threaded in the top bolts (ones that go into frame holders)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was still an enormous PITA. The two bottom bolts at the bottom of crescent brackets without second set of hands... ouch! I ended up taking a different approach. I aligned and lightly threaded in the bottom bolts in first and only then carefully aligned and threaded in the top bolts (ones that go into frame holders)

I just didn't want take a chance on pushing the backs in accidently on the top frame bolts. You are brave. :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just didn't want take a chance on pushing the backs in accidently on the top frame bolts. You are brave. :)

Oh I hear ya! I have telescoping magnet. I figured I'd be able to fish it out if worst came to worst :D

baldacchio

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek:just bought plx351 side tubing from ebay for 50euro and i'm looking forward for them to arrive ,i hope they fit my fazer07 as in the givi official site it says they are for the 04-06 model!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i remember the day i put my cases on.. then i rememebr that first camping trip that i went with them.. ahhh memories..

looks great.. thanks for the share

bgod

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the set-up.

I have an oversized Givi top case as well. Looking to get some side cases for next spring after seeing these pictures.

cooper8

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same cases. But I hate the look of the bracket used to move the stock turn signals. I'm planing to make the same mod, with LEDs in the racks as well.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
try getting a fe kit and look into the sw-motech side racks... the ones that are removable with quick disconects..

ervar

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my Givi V35 kit yesterday, so this write up will sure make the install a lot easyer for me. Thax a lot...:rockon:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hated the stock signals too. They are now gone and replaced with Rizomas. I have been reluctant to get a fender eliminator due to cross bar that holds the racks in place. Fender covers it and makes it look little nicer IMO.
This is what it looks like now:
View attachment 24544