GIVI V35 and V46 case install with all the trimmings using GIVI racks on Yamaha FZ6 (2008)

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Full givi set up was the best thing I ever did, and I can't believe it took me two years, price or not. Increased the bike's usefulness 1000-fold, and was a big part of us being able to go car-less.

spooled73

Reaction score
Visit site
I mainly use my FZ6 for commuting and one of the things that bothered me the most was inability to carry stuff around with it. Up until now, I was using the bungee cord the backpack on the back seat method which was getting old. So, I decided to treat myself to full set of GIVI cases for my birthday. :Flash:

Since you cannot have GIVI cases without the safety features of reflective lenses and lights, ;) I decided to add stop and turn signal lights along with reflective lens modifications. And since I was going all out, I thought nice matching keys would also be nice so I don’t have to carry too many keys around. :Flash:

Result:
Bike with a lot of storage and nice lights. :cheer:
View attachment 18827 View attachment 18828

View attachment 18829 View attachment 18830

All of the following pictures were taken when sun was directly shining on the back of the bike which is as worst of a condition as you would have for lights.
View with no lights:
View attachment 18831

View with just running lights:
View attachment 18832

View with flashers on (which also shows how visible they are with breaks for the side cases):
View attachment 18833

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case to none on the side cases:
View attachment 18834

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case, right side case to none on the left side case:
View attachment 18835

I thought, I would also share my install experience with everybody so I documented the entire process. Instead of trying to post the entire process into posts here, I created couple of .PDF files anybody can download, print and use should you want to do so.

thanks this helped me heaps!!:D

Onager

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, thanks for creating this... nice job!

Unfortunately, I'm just discovering this after spending extra hours figuring out this install on my own, and in retrospect I wished I'd taken photos to save other people the trouble. The install instructions from Givi ignore the rerouting of the turn signals, particularly the wiring.

Acting on a tip I happened to find here in time (sorry, forget who deserves the credit), I managed to use the stock wiring without splicing any extra length. I drilled two holes under the license plate light cover (these have to be 9mm to fit the stock connectors through, in case you're wondering), above the license plate, and ran the stock wires forward to the harnesses following the original wire path. There's no slack left in these wires now, but they are a comfortable fit. Looking forward to getting some use from this setup!

fz6rideres

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Goker,

Your attachments are not available anymore. Can you please upload them again?
Thank you very much.

I mainly use my FZ6 for commuting and one of the things that bothered me the most was inability to carry stuff around with it. Up until now, I was using the bungee cord the backpack on the back seat method which was getting old. So, I decided to treat myself to full set of GIVI cases for my birthday. :Flash:

Since you cannot have GIVI cases without the safety features of reflective lenses and lights, ;) I decided to add stop and turn signal lights along with reflective lens modifications. And since I was going all out, I thought nice matching keys would also be nice so I don’t have to carry too many keys around. :Flash:

Result:
Bike with a lot of storage and nice lights. :cheer:
View attachment 18827 View attachment 18828

View attachment 18829 View attachment 18830

All of the following pictures were taken when sun was directly shining on the back of the bike which is as worst of a condition as you would have for lights.
View with no lights:
View attachment 18831

View with just running lights:
View attachment 18832

View with flashers on (which also shows how visible they are with breaks for the side cases):
View attachment 18833

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case to none on the side cases:
View attachment 18834

Comparison of reflective lens modification on the top case, right side case to none on the left side case:
View attachment 18835

I thought, I would also share my install experience with everybody so I documented the entire process. Instead of trying to post the entire process into posts here, I created couple of .PDF files anybody can download, print and use should you want to do so.

These install instructions show installation of GIVI PLX351 and FZ351 racks, GIVI E105 stop light kit for V46 top case, LEDV35-S running, stop, and turn signal lighting kit for V35 side cases from AdMoreLighting, 3M Scotchlite reflective visibility kit for all three cases, and 3 case matched key lock set from GIVI (after all you don't want to carry around bunch of keys with you for your cases, right? :) ).

Part 1:
View attachment 18836