GIVI PLX V35 bags and SW Motech rack.

fz6.george

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to get a GIVI V35N side case with the fitting kit. I'am wondering if it will still fit because I have replace my stock pipe to two brothers already :confused:

fz6.george

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally, I install the Givi V35N with the (PLX-351, MR-351FZ and M-11) even I have change my stock pipe to TWO BROTHERS it fit. :thumbup:

Last edited:

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
Fred/George could you be so kind and share approximate cost info on your setups?

Would the bags interfere with passenger seating?

Thank You!

JaredM

Reaction score
Visit site
I am considering the same install...what did you have to do to relocate turn signals? The pictures look like stock?

viper94bite

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a question or two. I am looking for a 3 hard bag setup for my 08 fz6. Here is what I'm looking for and those in the know can tell me what I would need or if it can be done.

I would like a top rack and side rails that will allow the givi cases. I want removeable sideracks. A top rack that looks decent on the bike when no bag is attatched.
I don't want anything that requires anything but bolt on installation. I don't want to cut my body work in any way.
So what would be my best options do you think?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Well, the Motech side racks will come off (see my pictures in this thread) leaving the bike looking almost stock.

The Motech top rack won't come off the same way, and you do have to cut the bodywork in two places.

The GIVI top rack doesn't require that the bodywork be cut, but nobody's ever tried fitting the GIVI top rack with Motech side racks. They may not work together.

Hope this helps.

Gfunk1127

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have been looking at the SW-Moto side rack or the Givi Rack...I don't have the money for the Givi bags, so I have been tinkering with cheaper alternatives. I was wondering if the Pelican Case 1430 Top Loaders or even the side loading cases would fit there. The top loaders would do better for me I think but I just don't know the fit. Any help/ideas guys?

samevo8

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you know how drastic/difficult the bodywork cutting is for the Motech top rack? I'm looking at the .pdf install instructions but it's not clear how hairy this cutting would be.

Well, the Motech side racks will come off (see my pictures in this thread) leaving the bike looking almost stock.

The Motech top rack won't come off the same way, and you do have to cut the bodywork in two places.

The GIVI top rack doesn't require that the bodywork be cut, but nobody's ever tried fitting the GIVI top rack with Motech side racks. They may not work together.

Hope this helps.

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '04 Fazer and I want to get the givi v35 plx cases on my bike.

Does anyone know if the sw motech quicklock removable pannier rack works on the 04 model? After reading things here I've started to get worried that it will only work on the later 07+ models and that there must be some differences in the rear of the newer fz6's, although I can't tell what the differences are.

I have a cheap top box rack on the bike at the moment that doesn't interfere with any of the mounting points that I can see are needed for the pannier system. So that will stay on the bike if it fits together ok.

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be willing to pay a gazillion imaginary pounds!

Thanks

fz6blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've spoken to one company who stock the product and they think it fits 07+ but aren't sure whether it would fit an 04 anyway as they can't see a difference in mounting points.. a little help here please guys?

Thanks

*Sorry - just realised that this is a review page not touring forum area so I'll ask there*

Last edited: