Givi luggage with a Leo Vince SBK Exhaust?

Xzlentt

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed a Givi FZ351 toprack and a PL351 siderack on my '06. I now want to add a Leo Vince Dual Titanium SBK Evo II Slip Ons w/Conical Tips exhaust. The Givi luggage rack hugs the stock exhaust and I'm concerned that the diameter on the Leo Vince exhaust may be bigger than that of the stock exhaust. Has anyone else had any experience with both Mods? Any suggestions or advice are welcome.

Planning to install a GIVI rack and Leos soon.
Theres a couple of posts with folks that have this combo too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0uyT4odoM&feature=related"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Leo Vince Evo II SBK Exhaust (start up)[/ame]

From the youtube vid it seems like the Leo vince exhaust is about the same size as stok exh. You dont have to change anything.
But if you buy Devil exhaust you get problems. :spank: I`v been bending and welding for som days now to make Givi fit in with the Devil...:D
Had to make som new braketts.

That't what I am thinking, should fit fine, but you never know.The GIVI toprack & Leo exhaust should be here in a week.

Thanks to everyone for all the info. The Leos do look the same size and sound great. I'm getting mine soon and I will add some pictures after installation. By the way, I've been reading some disturbing posts regarding speed and color.... In my experience, red is faster......

I have the Leos installed with the GIVI rack and an E52NF Monokey case.
The rack fits nicely around the Leos. I had a problem bolting the right side arm that attaches to the frame. It was really not lining up well. The left side practically feel on the hubs. I filed the slotted hole a bit to help align it better. THe case came with the stoplight kit installed. For an extra 30 bucks it's worth it to me.

http://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=2406&fromdropdownview=true#top

Got the wire routed under the rack & drilled small hole into the rear seat step of the body. It's pretty clean. I tested the to be sure I have the right wires, blue & yellow on the three wire connector is for the brake lights. Just need to spice into them & good to go!

I've been trying to install my racks for a few days now, I broke a bolt off in the nut that is under the middle of the exhaust and cant get it out. Seems like a good excuse to spend some more money and get a killer sounding exhaust.

I have the Leos installed with the GIVI rack and an E52NF Monokey case.
The rack fits nicely around the Leos. I had a problem bolting the right side arm that attaches to the frame. It was really not lining up well. The left side practically feel on the hubs. I filed the slotted hole a bit to help align it better. THe case came with the stoplight kit installed. For an extra 30 bucks it's worth it to me.

http://www.helmetheadcyclegear.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?pid=2406&fromdropdownview=true#top

Got the wire routed under the rack & drilled small hole into the rear seat step of the body. It's pretty clean. I tested the to be sure I have the right wires, blue & yellow on the three wire connector is for the brake lights. Just need to spice into them & good to go!

Part 2 Case installed with stoplight kit.

BostonBikeShow2008060.jpg

BostonBikeShow2008058.jpg

hi do you need to splice wires for the brake light on the givi?

There are (2) wires that come with the kit. One end is the case connector. The wiring end has a ground and the other goes to the stop/brake light (yellow wire). They also give you (2) crimp connectors to tap in with. Make sure you grab the stop light and not the tail light wire.

Back