Girly-fi

SummerFoxx

Reaction score
Visit site
My husband bought me a Raven 09 FZ6 last March. We had tons of fun doing several rides last summer. Now that I have a bike of my own and am riding quite a bit I would like to girly-fi it. :cheer: Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

My_Baby.jpg

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Judging by the pink shirt, I'm going to guess that you like pink...

Having said that, a black bike and with tastefully done pink highlights would be pretty cool and still girly. The gray stripe on the mini-fairing could be repainted pink, some pink wheel stripes, maybe a pink pink stripe on the rear-pods, and some pink radiator covers.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

HHMmm....

My first thought was adding some vinyl stripes similar to the ones on the faring, or perhaps............ have a few parts podwercoated in a color of your choice, a woman in my riding group has her Honda Hornet painted white with purple accents, it looks pretty nice, here's a pic.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Summer!

I love Montrose....and it's nice & close to Highway 550! Hey if you guys ever get over to the Springs, shoot me a PM! Or I"ll do the same, next time we head your way.

As far as customizing your bike, well, it's your bike, do to it what makes you happy :) but a google search might help you more.

Is that Echo Lake in your avatar?

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
My husband bought me a Raven 09 FZ6 last March. We had tons of fun doing several rides last summer. Now that I have a bike of my own and am riding quite a bit I would like to girly-fi it. :cheer: Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Don't do it. At some point, you're going to part ways with your FZ6. You might start a family, want a different kind of bike, choose to upsize or downsize, etc. If you girly-fi it, you'll pay for it when it's time to say goodbye. A feminized bike is going to alienate 95% of your potential buyers. You'll either have to mark it down to sell it to a guy who is going to change it, or you're going to have it sitting in your garage until you can find a lady who wants it. Conversely, a relatively stock bike owned by a female rider is perceived to be lightly used and will get a lot of attention.

On top of all that, you've got a raven model. Black goes with everything. Spend your money on pink gear. It stands out great for safety, and looks great on a blacked out bike. The best part is, you can keep the same gear if you change bikes.

If you do feel compelled to girly-fi the bike, I would suggest something that can be easily undone when it's time to sell it. Maybe some decals or something.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
welcome to the forum..

I agree with the dude.. gear is always a great investment... if you want to do anything: sliders, rim-stripe-tape, and maybe some aditional brake lights or driving lights.. hell, stickers or decals (especially in vinyl) would be fine. you could get a vinyl wrap in any color which wouls save the paint and also let you convert it back to stock relativly easy... Top Saddlery seat is money well spent....

Without knowing what type of riding you will be doing, we really can't give you too many options... are you doing long or short rides? are you looking more at performance aspects (speed / brake / susspension) or looking for a great comfy bike? do you have soft luggage for the bike.. are you in the market for hard luggage?? more info and we can better help you personalize your slice of heaven :thumbup:

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Im in the opposite ballpark here guys, I say girly that thing up AND girly up the gear.

Pink LEDs, pink decals, and the usual assortment of mods...

I wish I could get away with it bc I would even put pink streamers on the handlebar ends...

Then again... I do ride with pink berets in my mo-hawk courtesy of my daughter...

5504293948_c67c5a3a01_z.jpg