Get your frame sliders NOW!

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care how you get them or what kind you get, but get them now.

I was debating for the longest time and waited just a little too long.

Just got the estimate from my little lowside and it's crazy. They may total the bike. Seems that the little rash about the size of a quarter means they need to replace the frame. The dealer said no matter how little the damage, it is because of liability reasons.:eek:

Man i could kick my self. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to hear the official news. I am hoping they don't total it. If they do, I will see if i can buy it back from them and do the work myself.

B

bluenova

I had a pair installed before I left the dealer a year ago on the FZ and haven't been down yet, touch asphalt. Where as the previous bike an SV650 it was only 2 days old when it went over on a slow turn, and of cause it did not have any frame sliders.

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got them installed 2 days ago, and I feel now way more comfortable riding... I was scared all the time about droping my bike or just falling every time I was turning or parking...

Thanks Steve for helping me out! (Wrightme43+)

kxb44

Reaction score
Visit site
Amen. My wife dropped her FZ6 in a gravel parking lot tow days after we bought it. Luckily the first thing I added the day we brought it home was Motivation frame sliders. A little scuff on the sliders but the bike was fine.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear about the bike, if you are lucky you can buy it back and fix just what needs to be fixed and make some money on it...

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I ordered mine almost a week ago. Just waiting for them to get in. They're a cheap carbon set, but cheap is better than nothing, I guess.

X

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend getting them ASAP as well. I went down not too long ago and the only damage on the bike was the frame slider itself.

WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT!!:thumbup:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
No! I disagree! "Get your frame sliders YESTERDAY!" I a-l-m-o-s-t had the sick, suck, crap, etc., experience as you: Although I DID have frame sliders, the manufacturer erred with what side the longer slider goes on (s/b the left side) and I, FORTUNATELY----thanks to FZ6-Forum discourse!---switched them around just DAYS before my drop. But, yeah, "Get your frame sliders YESTERDAY!"

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with having the frame slider on immediately or before leaving the stealership. I had the misfortune of falling on my left side, damaged front left fairing cowl, shifter peg, crank case cover and left bar end, clutch lever. I'm sure I could have minimized all of that if I had the frame sliders installed before taking the bike. I made sure I installed a pair after I replaced and fixed the bike. Haven't falling since then but I wish I had it then.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
"s/b"": laziness for "should be." Yes, if you have one slider longer than the other, it goes on the left (clutch lever) side. There are a few threads on this forum on frame sliders.

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a set sitting around that I hadn't had time to put on the bike. Went out to the garage and spent 10 minutes to put them on.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care how you get them or what kind you get, but get them now.

I was debating for the longest time and waited just a little too long.

Just got the estimate from my little lowside and it's crazy. They may total the bike. Seems that the little rash about the size of a quarter means they need to replace the frame. The dealer said no matter how little the damage, it is because of liability reasons.:eek:

Man i could kick my self. I am waiting to hear from the insurance company to hear the official news. I am hoping they don't total it. If they do, I will see if i can buy it back from them and do the work myself.
Gutted for you mate.

Nelly

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my sliders months ago, but they came with bolts that weren't long enough. This thread convinced me to get off my lazy ass and get longer bolts, finally. The sliders will be on after work today!

Nekros

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the Full side fairings on my bike and I want to protect them and the bike with some frame sliders. Can anyone provide me with a link or manufacture that makes them no cut for fairings? The ones that I seen so far are all cut type and I cant bring myself to cut into my new precious fairings!

Thanks!

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that 4fun! Hope things go your way!

I had the dealer install mine before I even picked up the bike. I am short, the bike is tall! It hasn't happened yet, but it's really just a matter of time!

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are finally on they're way! I'm a cheap skate so I waited until t rex got the fz6 frame sliders back in stock ($24 after shipping!) and very soon my bike will be much less vulnerable :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the bike! Hope it works out!