Genuine Yamaha Top Box rack!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate rain! My bike got dirty:(

But the rack looks pretty good. Knowing that I was going to hack into it, I was pretty pleased with the results. Just drilled the 4 holes and used the brackets/screws that came with the Givi Box/Plate. Bit of Thread Lock, it isn;t going anywhere - apart from 10% of the time when I use the key and take it off myself:D

Nice job......and even better, considering you got around Yamaha's "sneaky ar$e' way of making you buy the top case!

:Flip: to Yamaha! :cheer::cheer::cheer: for you!

:rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like that rack. Has anyone in the U.S. found a distributor that will ship to the U.S. ?

The Austrailian Yamaha company ships only inside Austrailia..

Thanks ahead of time, Scott

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like that rack. Has anyone in the U.S. found a distributor that will ship to the U.S. ?

The Austrailian Yamaha company ships only inside Austrailia..

Thanks ahead of time, Scott

I'm sure you have lots of Forum "friends" in Australia that would order one and ship it to you. You only have to ask.

Mine took 2 weeks to come in, because no one in the country had one in stock. Cost $299-AUD. Shipping to US? Not sure. It was a big box though:(

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got to see it for the first time this morning, and it does come in a large BOX!
That being said if I was shipping it some bubble wrap and a much smaller container would probably do, I guess it depends how hardy it is.

I should have remembered to check but I'm at tafe now and forgot to check what kind of hex bolt sizes it takes as well as the other screw end with a strange name, does anyone have their instructions handy so they could PM me the details so I can drop in to bunnings on the way home and pick them up? Would just save me a trip home and then back :p
Was a bit unimpressed it doesn't come with the tools to put it on! but thats probably for the dealers benefit I would guess!

My top box is on order too, just waiting for pay :(

appollo

Reaction score
Visit site
wow i had justbeen chasing these up ,well the givi equivalent.
wolfman do u reackon it will hold a cpl lids and a thin laptop ? ferrrying my daughter around a bit at the moment

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone has not installed this yet can you please tell me what screws come in the bag. The one i bought on ebay is missing them and the seller asked me to provide the sizes so he can get them together and ship them out. Some of them are listed on the instructions but i dont know about the screws to hold the caps or exact numbers of what length.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll check when I get home tonight and try and find my instruction booklet, from memory the booklet has different bolt/screws than the actual install did but you should be able to tell what you need

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing you know about the big bolts (as they are detailed in the instructions). Just the little ones that hold the plastic covers on????

Sorry, I borrowed a Torx driver to put them in, now I can't get them out to check for you.

They were about a 4 Guage(2mm) x 10mm long.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe send the actual driver head #'s via PM so people can't do a google search on their mobile to find out what they need to buy at bunnings to steal our topboxes :p

I'd also be inclined to get a slightly larger(wider) screw to replace the tiny ones that are meant to hold on the cover panels, just because I keep having to tighten the ones that came with it, and I think they are just ****.

MaxRyan

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah the big bolts are listed, i thought they might have been security ones as well. It was only the little screws for the covers i was unsure of. Thanks a lot guys !

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd also be inclined to get a slightly larger(wider) screw to replace the tiny ones that are meant to hold on the cover panels, just because I keep having to tighten the ones that came with it, and I think they are just ****.

Just get a small container of light hold Loctite, this fix's that problem in a NY minute...and they are still just as easy to remove when removing the little cover thing.

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the rack getting stloen...it would take a pretty dedicated thief, to be carrying a set of tamper proof hex keys with them everywhere they go....

Who would do that, those tamper proof bolts are rare as rocking horse poop, and a complete pain in the A, that not even thief's could be bothered with...i reckon!

:eek:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
True, and I've found with the stock exhaust on its impossible to reach some of the bolts/screws anyway so they would basically have to dismantle half the bike :D
Now I just need to get my M4's all fixed up and back on. Tempted to try and do it myself.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
True, and I've found with the stock exhaust on its impossible to reach some of the bolts/screws anyway so they would basically have to dismantle half the bike :D
Now I just need to get my M4's all fixed up and back on. Tempted to try and do it myself.

Why not, should not be too hard, is just a matter of lining stuff up, and doing up a few bolts.

:thumbup: