gear box noise

flash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all you knowledge fz6 owners,

I bought an 08 fz6 this past spring and have currently logged about twelve thousand kilometers. I hear noise when I pull the clutch in, that sounds similar to a bad bearing, I also noticed the gear box is a bit loud. Am I just being critical or is this a serious problem in the making?

Impossible to tell with out hearing it, and seeing what your oil looks like.

Maybe get a oil analysis? Motorcycle Very high wear metals would be a good sign of impending failure.

I hear the clutch rattling, when I have the bike in neutral and let the clutch out.... almost sounds like a 'dry' clutch. Dropping the bike into 1st usually results in a fairly loud 'clock' noise..... nothing to be worried about. (in my case)

Noises are really subjective. The best thing to do is get a chance to listen to another similar bike, and see if yours sounds different. A good reason to swing by the dealership, and listen to another example of the bike, if you haven't got anyone nearby with an FZ6....

I also hear the clutch rattle in Neutral. I am sure it's fine. My gearbox makes a "grrr" noise when I ride against compression at 3000RPM, I think that may be the same problem or noise that you have? I think it is because I suck at changing gears. My previous bike also had a hard time in the gearbox area due to my riding.

What I am trying to say is that by riding like a idiot, it just wears faster. So I made it wear so now it rattles about.

Let a mechanic listen to it... Sorry, my post did not help.

I suspect that what you're hearing is normal. The FZ6 can sound gear/chain "whiney" at times. Similar to a "rolling" sound or something.

Back