Garage upgrade.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
So my neighbors call me this afternoon.

"We just got finished with insulating our house (which did not have insulation in the attic since it was built in 1985) and we have four bags of fill left over. The machine is already rented. Can you use it?"

Boy howdy, I didn't hesitate. So after work I was in the attic over my garage, laying down 24 inches of the pink stuff with blower hose.

I don't know the results yet. Yes, I do. I'm itchy.

But the garage, I hope, will be much cooler in this 100+ degree summer that we're having in Austin.

Next up, garage door insulation kits, and my garage will be better insulated than my house.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet deal! Nothing like neighbors helping neighbors.

They must like you to even consider calling you?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!

Hell, I'm not his neighbor but I'd call Fred! :thumbup: Actually, there's not many here I wouldn't call! Now aren't you glad your numbers aren't under your avatar? ;)

Fred, is their AC in there for the girl? Sounds like you'll be moving into the next stable with the bike!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You would have a hell of a phone bill calling me mate,lol

No, the company would! I only have the company cell and they let me keep it as a personal phone too and pay for it all. :D Love my company! :rockon:

What's your number? ;)

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Fred, is their AC in there for the girl? Sounds like you'll be moving into the next stable with the bike!

Yeah, the garage has a window unit AC to keep it cool, since it's my workshop.

It gets almost comfortable in there sometimes. Once I finish insulating everything, I think it'll be very nice.

Fred

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put insulation on the steel garage door (faces west). I have a decent sized A/C unit in the wall which helped but wouldn't cool it down enough as I was gaining too much heat from the un-insulated garage ceiling.

I insulated the ceiling of my garage and that make a big difference... As long as I don't park a hot car in the garage, it'll cool the garage down on a
90' plus day in SW Florida. It's very nice when you have to get something done in there on a hot day.....