Garage Door Opener

rpflyingtaz

Reaction score
Visit site
Has any one done the mod where you wire in a garage door opener to the high beams, flashers, or horn? I was thinking about doing it and was wondering if it has been done on an FZ6. I have found some websites that have done it on other bikes and may try an adapt it to make it work.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nope.but i have heard of another benifit..they jam radar/speed detectors too
its not an urban myth...it has been tested and works

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably a bit geeky, but my server (home automation) turns on the bike shed light when I return home if it is after dark.

It knows I am home from the Bluetooth signal on my phone appearing in range :rolleyes:

Now if I had an automatic door that I could open that would be cool....

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably a bit geeky, but my server (home automation) turns on the bike shed light when I return home if it is after dark.

It knows I am home from the Bluetooth signal on my phone appearing in range

Nope, that's not probably geeky; it's absolutely geeky, but in a frigging cool way :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
nope.but i have heard of another benifit..they jam radar/speed detectors too
its not an urban myth...it has been tested and works

Woah there hoss. If you're going to make a wildassed claim like that, you have got to be able to back it up.

Show me the proof.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Visit site
ok I am seriously interested in how you are doing this garage door opener thing, my battery on my garage door opener goes out every 3 months, so if I can hook it up to my bike somehow, total bonus.

rpflyingtaz

Reaction score
Visit site
Chimneydoc I look forward to seeing pics on how you wired everything. I am getting tired of opening the wrong garage door when I get home. Also the bluetooth thing sounds way cool. :thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I carry my spare garage door opener in the top, clear map pocket of my tank bag. I just press down on the map pocket over the button and presto. Keeps the rain off the clicker too.

When I don't have my tank bag, I just put the clicker in my jacket pocket.

Would be nice to have a more premanent solution always on the bike!

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Ask and ye shall receive looky looky

That's a bit more advanced than the average garage door opener, which is what I thought you were saying was able to jam lasers.

Having said that, I want about six of those fancy garage door openers. How coincidental that they transmit a rolling code, and just happen to use the same frequency of light as police laser.

Fred

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Definitely on the list of folks wanting to see this. :rockon:

+1 - I saw how to do it on my old SV, but we don't have the same hole in the top bolt of the Triple Tree to put the button. So where oh where should it go to be protected and water tight.

(the sv had the button on the triple tree top bolt with the wire running to the circuit board under the seat somewhere) It worked great.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a birthday party to go to tonight, I'm working on a write up with pics. I should have it posted by tomorrow night west coast time. The unit that activates the garage door opener uses power from the bike while the door opener uses power fron it's battery. It's easy to install and works good.

See ya all tomorrow p.m (hopefully)

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i went to Home Depot and bought the key-fob garage door opener and sealed it in a water proof bag and just hit the 1st button to open the door and the other button is for the alarm for the house.