Galfer? (galfer responds)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I just put my stock lines back on, and can tell you for sure that they SUCK! With the Galfer lines you grab some brake and it's nice and firm, your pinky can pull a stopie. The stock lines give a little, then keep on giving. I hope they have a quick turn around.

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am installing Goodridge braided lines, with clear sheafs, and stainless connectors this week...i am a serial bike cleaner, so i guess i will be able to tell you lot whether i experience similar problems pretty soon....

I don't belive you would have rust problems with the Goodridge material.
I had it in my older bike and it last for almost 8 years with no rust at all!

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my Galfer lines yesterday, I hope they don't end up like the ones I'm seeing in this thread!

Anybody tried Hel?
HEL Performance Stainless Steel High Performance Motorcycle Brake Lines Brakelines Brakehoses Brake Hoses

From their website:

"We are having a difficult time keeping up with the amount of orders coming in to HEL USA - we have been shocked at the level of orders and support we have achieved in such a short time but it has meant that we have run into some stock issues of late."

Perhaps, more than just one bad Galfer brake line made it onto the market?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
The saga continues! I asked Galfor for a full refund this time. Seeing how it's the 3rd set to be replaced under warrenty they should offer.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez that is bad...I thought they were supposed to be stainless :confused: I have goodridge lines on mine and thankfully no signs of rust anywhere, but then again they are only ~8 months old so far.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The saga continues! I asked Galfor for a full refund this time. Seeing how it's the 3rd set to be replaced under warrenty they should offer.

Sorry for your dilemma. I know what I'm not getting.....

Cliff

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Galfer?

Here is the email I just received.

We have not received any pictures, sorry.
We will (if we can get these other lines) replace these hoses under our lifetime warranty.
The banjos are stainless steel, but sometimes the chrome coating they get makes if not impregnated correctly, makes the banjo get al rusty looking.
Please send us a picture of the hose and we will make sure to take care of the issue right away.
Please send these to [email protected]

Sandro Milesi
Galfer USA Div.

sorry for just tuning into this thread.. but something doesnt make much sense to me.. if the banjos are stainless, then why are they chromed??? and if that is the case, why in the world would they rust???

W

wrightme43

Damn man, that is crazy. Mine are perfect from fall of 07 still.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are terrible! Ant let us know how they respond. They've got their work cut out for them.

I bet our new forum sponsor could get you a nice set of Goodridge lines. They ad states they use aluminimum fittings. They cost less than Galfer too!

CycleSector.com

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Geez that is bad...I thought they were supposed to be stainless :confused: I have goodridge lines on mine and thankfully no signs of rust anywhere, but then again they are only ~8 months old so far.

Stainless CAN rust, depending on the alloy. 300 series generally doesn't rust. 400 series WILL rust. I'm not understanding why they're using something that'll rust. It just doesn't make sense.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Good god man! just catching up on this thread.

Crappy deal you are going though with Galfer! Maybe you should send them some of the info on the galvanizing corrosion stuff as I think they need to know about it!

Be nice if they would drop the "corporate response" crap and actually acknowledge they have f*cked up with something major here! Wheather it's materials, a combination of materials or just plain cheap materials, their QA is out to lunch on this! Them saying that "once in a while a few bad units slip though" is now obviously a total BS statment and I'd be calling them on that and demanding some answers from them. I'd also let them know that you are sharing the 'results of thier quality product' with the motorcycle community!

Seems you are not the only ones with rust issues with Galfer banjo bolts!

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=148514

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r-forum/25164-galfer-customer-service.html

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=87060

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51828&pid=619395&mode=threaded&start=

...all from 2009 too.....hmmmm, me thinks there is a pattern here and something you might want to again mention to Galfer. Something obviously changed with their product in 09, especially if others with older product (07) are not seeign this issue.

SS barke lines are on my 'next to do list' and with your information you posted here, I might be looking for a different brand!

Appreciate all the info and sorry for all the hardship you are going through with this. Glad to know that SS lines do make a noticable difference!

Last edited:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is Galfers responce to my letter from last night.

Anthony,

My name is Kathy Prince and I am the customer service representative at
Galfer.

I was not here last year, but looked up your information and we are so sorry
that you are once again having the same issue with rusting lines.

We can offer to send you an upgraded line with aluminum fittings.

If this is agreeable with you, please send me your current address (in case
the one I have in our system is not current.

Thank You,
Kathy Prince
Customer Service

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
They are quick, I will give them that. I responded to her email around 5:30 stating I would give them another try with the upgraded aluminum lines. She responded back withen an hour. If their lines were as good as their customer service I would be in heaven. The good part is they aren't making me send back the rusted lines first.

Here is her response.

I will put through the order today. It may ship today, but if not it will
ship tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kathy
Customer Service

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
My new lines arrived a few days ago, and I finally got around to opening them up. The aluminum bolts are super light, and the banjos as well as the bolts are colored black. Hopefully these will stand the test of time.

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a little tip - if those bolts are painted or powder coated etc. - put a single layer of electrical tape or masking tape even around the head so the socket doesn't damage the finish :)

I want to get lines sometime in the not-so-distant future, so please keep this thread updated :thumbup:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't think I would like the all black banjos and bolts of the aluminum lines, but I've changed my mind. They look awesome!