Gal racin' at Prairie City last weekend

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I took part in my first women's only moto race at SMUSA round 2 at Prairie City last Sunday. I've raced minimoto and supermoto with the guys, but Brok, the fellow who runs SMUSA, decided to run a women's only class - and track time is track time (even though, due to logistical issues, there was no dirt section at this round). This was my first time at Prairie City, and it's just a fun track for the minis. It even has a little replica of the Laguna Seca corkscrew. I hit it on my Titter to get a feel for the lines, then went out on my 150R.

On Saturday, I had a borrowed narrower front rim from Brok; he had said that for little people, the smaller front rim works better, and it's what his (very fast) son runs, so it was worth a shot. It did indeed feel better to me, with a crisper turn-in. On race day, though, I had to give the rim back and to go back to the fatter front rim and tire that my bike came with (as it had been owned previously by a normal-sized person).

It was an open class, but pleasantly, there was another gal on a 150R to race with. I had a little more pace, but she was more aggro, and aggro wins; I pussied out of an almost-made pass. Too bad, as the gal in first on the 450R was not too far ahead, and I would have liked to have chased her and seen what I could do.

Onboard video (I got my handlebar bumped at the start, which is why I'm so late getting on the throttle):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQyzJDrvq68]YouTube - Supermoto USA women's race, Prairie City, 2009[/ame]

Me out there.

42.jpg

659.jpg

Other pictures that I took. The Mini race the night before:

9341.jpg

9345.jpg

9371.jpg

Which one of these is not like the others?

9377.jpg

My friend Shawn.

9388.jpg

First-lap carnage.

9401.jpg

My friend Tony.

9407.jpg

Alex, the Michelin tire guy. I bought a set of Dunlop slicks from him over the weekend, go figure...

9454.jpg

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
9460.jpg

9472.jpg

Brok's son showing the big bikes the fast way around.

9509.jpg

Paul.

9567.jpg

9588.jpg

Bert, a nice fellow whose bike never goes straight. He tosses that Aprilia into turns like nothing I've seen.

9601.jpg

Hollywood.

9603.jpg

My hubby had to work on Saturday, so he took my SV up to the track at the end of the day to camp overnight and support me on Sunday (he'd be racing, but recently broke his collarbone). Packed to leave at the end of the races - the WeeVee, the Arr, and the Titter - along with a weekend of camping and racing gear.

vanfull.jpg

Excel - Kills Bugs Dead.

616.jpg