FZ8 Official picture

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Well if the exhaust isn't going out the tail, then I really don't care if this bike makes it here or not.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Chromey, that's for sure. Yuck. I thought going chromey was outdated and gawdy. I don't care for it (unless, maybe it's in the bathroom)

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone heard when this thing will be released? I find it really weird that it is a 2010 model, but next week is the Jan. 1, and they STILL haven't released a real picture yet.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i thought maybe they will release more info for x-mas.. but new years seems more of a universal holiday for everyone, so maybe jan 1st we'll have some new pictures and info...

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
It is true that I'm using stereotypes here, but there must be something true about it because small vehicles and such are mostly not available in the US. And the thing about the Japanese thinking, I think they only looked at sales figures to determine what vehicles they send to the US, so...
There must be a reason why everyone is sure about the fact that the new fz8 comes to Europe, and not so sure that it comes to the US. ;)

small vehicles are not (yet) widely importred into NA because we have some
things you don't have in Europe: cheap gas and lots of space to drive and
park, if you had these things you'd drive big V8 powered vehicles too, we do
it here because we can

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe the FZ6 will still be made and updated, with the FZ8 as another model.
I think this may be the case as there are currently 4 Yamaha 600cc road bikes available in Australia and they are popular.
The other thing that is popular down here is the way so many other bikes have copied the dual headlights of the Fazer and the undertail exhausts.

I can't see myself updating to an FZ8 when the FZ1 is the logical choice for a larger bike. It has some good options as well especially those $1,000 a piece panniers that I really wish you could get on the FZ6!!!

Sometime I wonder if the marketers ever ride bikes or spend time in the saddle at all. One ride on my Fazer and you realise how hopeless the standard seat is when it could have been great. My butt is still sore from the 400km ride I did yesterday.
Just my opinion.
Rumpole

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha needs a middleweight bike, be it a 750 or an 800. The headlight shot looks good, but I still prefer the front fairing. Not a naked bike fan. I just wish it was out when I bought mine because I was originally looking for a 750. I almost didn't buy a Yamaha because of this, but the FZ6 did pull me in.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
More FZ8... just googled for images...

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Medium/1869.gif

I don't know if it has been shown before as I haven't looked at all 7-8 pages so far written.

They could have done lots more with the tailpipe... even the BMW 600 RR looks better (of course more expensive but often BMW's doesn't look that good).

Last edited:

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah...those photos are simply photoshopped ideas of what people THINK it will look like. STILL NO WORD FROM YAMAHA AS TO WHEN THIS THING WILL BE RELEASED!

I'm holding out to see if it is a true FZ6 replacement, and if it's coming to the US. Then I'll either hold out for the FZ8, buy a Versys or sink more money into my Multistrada 620.

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i hope it isnt fugly like that magazine photo! i REALLY dont like the streetfighter style. hoping for a more "classic" look!

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
..........I'm getting the creepy feeling that this thing will be a smaller FZ1 (naked sport) rather than a larger FZ6 (multi-purpose). I'm guessing it will be a direct competitor to Kawasaki's Z750 that is available in the EU but not the USA.

Thoughts...comments?

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
..........I'm getting the creepy feeling that this thing will be a smaller FZ1 (naked sport) than a larger FZ6 (multi-purpose). I'm guessing it will be a direct competitor to Kawasaki's Z750 that is available in the EU but not the USA.

Thoughts...comments?

that sounds about right

michael_p

Reaction score
Visit site
..........I'm getting the creepy feeling that this thing will be a smaller FZ1 (naked sport) than a larger FZ6 (multi-purpose). I'm guessing it will be a direct competitor to Kawasaki's Z750 that is available in the EU but not the USA.

Thoughts...comments?

What's wrong with Naked Sport :confused:
Aren't we all modding our FZ6 in that direction? ;)
:D

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The XJ6 is multipurpose bike, so I assume the FZ8 should have some more attitude along the lines of the FZ1N. Also the TDM900 is a big go anywhere tourer...

2009-TDM900-A-colour-blue_prv_tcm46-267852.jpg

Come on Yamaha, we want to see it.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah.....the TDM. Now there's a bike I'd fill the cup for. If yamaha would start adding inverted forks to their bikes I'd be a lot happier, but I still want a TDM. I considered buying a used one, but I've heard parts and accessories are hard to find.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Rumpole of the Bailey, while the FZ1 is around, the FZ8 makes no sense...even in Europe :confused: Unless they plan to develop other 800cc models.

But I'm still frustrated with the lack of naked FZ6's in the U.S...would not have hesitated in 2008 when I was shopping for a SV650.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but what do you US guys think about the TDM being imported into the US? It happened once from 1991-1992, but that was all. Now with the advent of bikes like the V-strom, Versys, Multistrada, and to a lesser extent the FZ6, do you guys think there is a market for it in America now?