fz6's handlebars...too narrow? mod?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone else think the fz6's handlebars tend to either force your elbows into your chest/gut or force your wrists to be bent at an undesireable angle? shouldnt your wrists and forearm be forming a straightline? they dont on the fz6. your forearm should make a 90 degree angle to the handgrips dont u agree?

is it possible to buy less slanted handlebars and get them installed on the fz6? something of a straighter bar style...

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
my wrists feel more relaxed just looking at that picture :)

i hate being broke. next summer ive got sooooooo many mods planned when i have money again.

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the handle bar being a bit narrow. I find that my hands tend to rest more on the edges of the grips. Sometimes it really bugs me, but then I just scoot back a lil bit and it helps.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always thought that my wrists were at an akward angle with the stock bars. I didn't want the FZ1 bars, but with the risers that are up 1" and back 1", it may be comfortable and still have the riding position I like about the FZ6

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had no issue with the handle bars, dunno if its because i'm tall? or i'm just used to them after 2 years. I corner perfectly in the twisties at a very fast pace with them. However i tried my buddy's R6S and you cant turn the bars all the way because your wrists or hands get pinned against the gas tank :confused:
+1 for FZ6 -1 for R6S :D

B

bluenova

I have no problems and I'm short. I do keep my elbows in like riding a sport bike and not a chopper or harley and I try to make a point of keeping my wrists streight as I find if I don't pay attention to them I end up bending them down, especially with my right hand on the throttle.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone else think the fz6's handlebars tend to either force your elbows into your chest/gut or force your wrists to be bent at an undesireable angle? shouldnt your wrists and forearm be forming a straightline? they dont on the fz6. your forearm should make a 90 degree angle to the handgrips dont u agree?

is it possible to buy less slanted handlebars and get them installed on the fz6? something of a straighter bar style...
Have you tried moving them for foward slightly?
Like Bluenova I am short however, I find the riding position very neutral.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lone, the LSL will give you a straighter and wider position. Its a nice bar but for me it didn't have the pull back that I was looking for so I replaced them. Wavex has the LSL on his and so do several other forum members, maybe that bar would give you what you are looking for?

W

wrightme43

I have the one" up one" back risers. They help, but man they put the bars up high. I use a large tank bag, and the bars hit it at full lock now. I dont like that. It turns on the hazards sometimes.

jimmyjam

JimmyJam
Reaction score
Visit site
I took a pair of Tag Metals handlebars MX, cu them down, tapped the ends, and they work great. My friend has a FZ1 and I tried those bars...hit tank. Where the MX bars will give you a bit of a rise off the tripple so when turning full it sets nice under mirror and does not hit tank. I will post once I get a pic.:cheer:

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
sit oin an FZ6R...bars have about 1/2" extra at each end and they are not angled backwards (thus forcing the wrist angle) as much. very slight differences, but yhey do feel better. I will be buying a pair as I do not like the straight FZ1 or otehr bars...

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ1 bars with these Works pretty well, but I might just try playing with it a little bit. For the most part it works ok with my tank bag ( But I have a huge ass tankbag so I can fit a 15" notebook )

-edit, added a few pictures

Last edited: