fz6's handlebars...too narrow? mod?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone else think the fz6's handlebars tend to either force your elbows into your chest/gut or force your wrists to be bent at an undesireable angle? shouldnt your wrists and forearm be forming a straightline? they dont on the fz6. your forearm should make a 90 degree angle to the handgrips dont u agree?

is it possible to buy less slanted handlebars and get them installed on the fz6? something of a straighter bar style...

my wrists feel more relaxed just looking at that picture :)

i hate being broke. next summer ive got sooooooo many mods planned when i have money again.

+1 on the handle bar being a bit narrow. I find that my hands tend to rest more on the edges of the grips. Sometimes it really bugs me, but then I just scoot back a lil bit and it helps.

I've always thought that my wrists were at an akward angle with the stock bars. I didn't want the FZ1 bars, but with the risers that are up 1" and back 1", it may be comfortable and still have the riding position I like about the FZ6

I've had no issue with the handle bars, dunno if its because i'm tall? or i'm just used to them after 2 years. I corner perfectly in the twisties at a very fast pace with them. However i tried my buddy's R6S and you cant turn the bars all the way because your wrists or hands get pinned against the gas tank :confused:
+1 for FZ6 -1 for R6S :D

I have no problems and I'm short. I do keep my elbows in like riding a sport bike and not a chopper or harley and I try to make a point of keeping my wrists streight as I find if I don't pay attention to them I end up bending them down, especially with my right hand on the throttle.

anyone else think the fz6's handlebars tend to either force your elbows into your chest/gut or force your wrists to be bent at an undesireable angle? shouldnt your wrists and forearm be forming a straightline? they dont on the fz6. your forearm should make a 90 degree angle to the handgrips dont u agree?

is it possible to buy less slanted handlebars and get them installed on the fz6? something of a straighter bar style...
Have you tried moving them for foward slightly?
Like Bluenova I am short however, I find the riding position very neutral.

Nelly

Hey Lone, the LSL will give you a straighter and wider position. Its a nice bar but for me it didn't have the pull back that I was looking for so I replaced them. Wavex has the LSL on his and so do several other forum members, maybe that bar would give you what you are looking for?

I have the one" up one" back risers. They help, but man they put the bars up high. I use a large tank bag, and the bars hit it at full lock now. I dont like that. It turns on the hazards sometimes.

I took a pair of Tag Metals handlebars MX, cu them down, tapped the ends, and they work great. My friend has a FZ1 and I tried those bars...hit tank. Where the MX bars will give you a bit of a rise off the tripple so when turning full it sets nice under mirror and does not hit tank. I will post once I get a pic.:cheer:

sit oin an FZ6R...bars have about 1/2" extra at each end and they are not angled backwards (thus forcing the wrist angle) as much. very slight differences, but yhey do feel better. I will be buying a pair as I do not like the straight FZ1 or otehr bars...

I have the FZ1 bars with these Works pretty well, but I might just try playing with it a little bit. For the most part it works ok with my tank bag ( But I have a huge ass tankbag so I can fit a 15" notebook )

-edit, added a few pictures

Last edited:
Back