FZ6N in touring mode!

n0ct0

Reaction score
Visit site
Mods I made for heading into Europe 2 up with luggage:

Ohlins shock with a higher rated spring
The original shock was way too soft and underdamped

TomTom bracket for a bicycle bought off eBay
I'd never have got anywhere without one! The screen kept the rain off so I used my TomTom One out of my car.

Accessory socket originally for a Road Angel bike fitting kit
Again, not waterproof, but the screen kept the rain off.

Krauser panniers
Superb, no leaks!

DL650 handguards
Keeping my hands dry!

Yamaha fly screen
Made life a lot simpler.

Can you guess that we got rained on a lot? ;)

2000 miles in 5 days round France, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. It killed my back tyre which managed 4500 miles in the end and had gone completely flat the day after I got home.

n0ct0

Reaction score
Visit site
Here you go.

Typically, now that I'm back at work the weather is great...

n0ct0

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, it liked to wheelie! And the back tyre started to overheat going down the autoroute at 130kph.

Still likes to wheelie more now riding solo as the Ohlins shock is stiffer than the stock one so it doesn't squat so much at the back when you get on the gas. :D

Deano

Reaction score
Visit site
Gi'day I've recently bought an '06 FZ6n (Black) and am looking at pimping my ride. I like the look of your Handguards and was wondering where you got them from. Are they the Suzuki standard DL650 Handguards or another brand compadable with the DL. Did u need to modify your bars in anyway? - I've got the factory standard bars. I'm in New Zealand and it gets wet and cold down here so I reckon they would do the job perfectly.:thumbup:
Cheers Deano

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a trip well planned, and a great job with sensible mods.
Thanks for the pics.

Gi'day I've recently bought an '06 FZ6n (Black) and am looking at pimping my ride. I like the look of your Handguards and was wondering where you got them from. Are they the Suzuki standard DL650 Handguards or another brand compadable with the DL. Did u need to modify your bars in anyway? - I've got the factory standard bars. I'm in New Zealand and it gets wet and cold down here so I reckon they would do the job perfectly.:thumbup:
Cheers Deano

Hey Deano, here's a link to what an Aussie guy did in the way of Hand-Guards. They work a treat, and no real modifications necessary.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/australia/7168-wind-deflectors-perfect-winter-mod.html
:)

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a good trip.

Not too unlike my setup.

The cig socket goes under my seat which powered my GPS.

Cut down stock screen is miles better than the stock.

I also have passenger peg extentions on mine, you can see them on the pics. Jannie loves them.

I have stock shocks on mine and have no problem at all. I suppose it all comes down to what the combined weight is, were a couple of mediumweights :Ø)

I didn`t need handguards because this was in July

Steve