FZ6 Windscreen Poll

What windscreen do you use?

• Yamaha touring screen

Votes: 73 13.7%
  • Puig Racing screen (aka double bubble)

Votes: 199 37.3%
  • Puig Touring screen

Votes: 51 9.6%
  • CalSci (S, M, L) (S2)

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Givi DS Profile screen (S1&2)

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • Cee Bailey (S2)

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • MRA screen (add sub-type)

Votes: 15 2.8%
  • 7JuRock screen

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Laminar Lip

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Gustaffson screens (S1&2)

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • MadStad Engineering RoboBrackets

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Converted my S1 fairing to an S2 fairing

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • OEM screen mod (cut, drilled, etc)

Votes: 50 9.4%
  • Went naked…

Votes: 52 9.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters

bike10

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some photos of a 2007 FZ6 MADSTAD kit on my 2006 FZ6. I modified the stock windshield and did some minor bend tweaks on the base plate. I cut out the center of the wind shield and trimmed the top corners to line up with the lines of the base plate. I then painted the windshield “cast iron gray” to compliment the complete package. It’s best to line it up and drill and mount middle holes first then the bottom holes, followed by the top holes.

This windshield is amazing!!! It is very stable and deflects well. I commute 5 days a week (250 miles a week) and will be making a run from Anaheim to Phoenix and back soon, so this was perfect timing for me. This is the best windscreen i have ever used on my bike. i can wear a helmet w/o ear plugs if i want.

Last edited:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Naked, in MO is the way to go! bike handles a lot better and it gives you the true speed feeling. I was able to take corners better and love the way the bike looked naked.

JON

Panther1911

Reaction score
Visit site
the bike came with a yamaha touring screen when i bought it, but put a Puig Racing screen on last night, looks better, but havent ridden with it on yet

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some photos of a 2007 FZ6 MADSTAD kit on my 2006 FZ6. I modified the stock windshield and did some minor bend tweaks on the base plate. I cut out the center of the wind shield and trimmed the top corners to line up with the lines of the base plate. I then painted the windshield “cast iron gray” to compliment the complete package. It’s best to line it up and drill and mount middle holes first then the bottom holes, followed by the top holes.

This windshield is amazing!!! It is very stable and deflects well. I commute 5 days a week (250 miles a week) and will be making a run from Anaheim to Phoenix and back soon, so this was perfect timing for me. This is the best windscreen i have ever used on my bike. i can wear a helmet w/o ear plugs if i want.

So essentially you just drilled 4 holes into the stock windscreen and mounted the brackets to the stock windscreen? I also have a 2006 and would LOVE this windshield. I would love to be able to cruise along at 80mph w/o having to lay on the bike or have the wind beat the crap out of me lol.

I also assume if you were going to do some spirited short riding, you could remove the brackets and windscreen in a few minutes?

millsd44

Reaction score
Visit site
Over here in the UK I have a FZ6N, just added a windscreen and enjoying the outcome! What you all think? None of that "why do you have a naked with a windscreen" etc. please!

Screen is a Barracuda. Got it shipped from Italy :D

1WzMUqq.jpg

vSQc3W3.jpg

jsQVdLl.jpg

Asta

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey. I am also looking to buy barracuda. Can u tell me did it help a lot? I am tall guy 191cm. Do u think it will work for me?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

millsd44

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey. I am also looking to buy barracuda. Can u tell me did it help a lot? I am tall guy 191cm. Do u think it will work for me?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm also around the 190cm mark (I think! 6'4" over here in the UK :p)

Works well to reduce the wind but does not by a long way stop anything, but not intended to. I like the look of it more than the wind stopping power.

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
SO I have a Cee Baileys on my 09 right now. Around town it is fine, on the Hwy is sucks! From 70-80 the wind beats the hell out of me and turning my head almost feels like a workout keeping my neck from snapping.

If I tuck and lay on the tank it is fine other than the noise. I am 5'9. Riding all the way to work for about 30 minutes that way is not too fun. Hell i too the long way around and the back road way just to keep from having to deal with it on the ride home. It took me 1 1/2 hrs to get home when normal time is between 30-45 mins

I just ordered a Puig and hope that will help some from everything I have read it should.

Thinking about getting some lexan and testing a few things out. I have a big lab oven that I was given from my last job and is big enough to mold the lexan to a mold. Almost like what they do with Acrylic aquariums.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

bhosch

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 FZ6 right now. I have the stock windscreen and also the Puig Racing windscreen. I've been looking around and have had a hard time finding a larger windscreen for the first generation. Anyone know of an extended windscreen still being made for 2006 FZ6? Or if there are any that fit on the stock or Puig that "extend" the windscreen kind of like you see on some of the Givi Airflow windscreens for other bikes?

Thanks!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed from a stock screen to the MRA Vario. At highway speeds it makes a HUGE difference in deflecting the wind from my helmet. I feel a lot less strain on my neck and I really haven't noticed any turbulence at all.

I was worried that it would look funny but it's really not very noticeable.

Chris

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed from a stock screen to the MRA Vario. At highway speeds it makes a HUGE difference in deflecting the wind from my helmet. I feel a lot less strain on my neck and I really haven't noticed any turbulence at all.

I was worried that it would look funny but it's really not very noticeable.

Chris

We must convert the rest of the forum Chris[emoji1]
8dc0f75ed2c7da1a1668b1758c13db81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I recently purchased this... the Givi D136ST at FZ-6 '04-06' : YAMAHA FZ6 WINDSHIELD

With winter here, hard to say how it does on a longer trip. Previous was (I believe) stock screen, pretty pitted, with a Laminar-Lip on it. This Givi is a few inches taller than the previous combo.

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know any better until recently, but now that I've gotten to ride a few other bikes I appreciate how terrible the wind noise and buffeting is on my 2004 FZ6 with the stock screen. It's louder than a naked bike at highway speed even with earplugs on the fz6 and none on the naked . . . turbulent air straight at the bottom of my helmet is all the suck.

I'm curious if other 5'10" riders have found a satisfactory solution to the problem. I'm thinking about just trying to cut down the stock windshield a few inches.

zan0088

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

can you help me to decide which windshield to order for my bike. Puig racing screen looks the best of all, it is a bit larger than OEM, but I don't know if it can do the job OK as I am 190cm (6′ 3″) tall. Maybe someone tall as me can confirm if its doing the job well-directing air in the top of helmet? The OEM screen is directing the wind to the center of my neck, and it is not nice even in summer when I do 400km+ ride. The other option available here is Givi Coupolino windscreen, but with it I will look like as a postman :) Thanks.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just started using the Puig racing screen. I have used the OEM screen for most of the time I've owned the bike, wanted to try something different.
When riding at highway speeds, the draft is just about at the top of my visor and over my helmet, not enough to cause buffeting but the wind noise is noticeably loud. I can get out of it completely if needed just by lowering my head a bit. I'm 6'1, btw. It may not be the perfect screen for you with your additional 2" of height.