FZ6 Upgrade

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I will be upgrading to a 2008 once I get a check from insurance. I thought about getting a Triumph 675 but I don't think I'll like the riding position...I'm going to sit on one this weekend if I can. I really can't think of anything else I want in that price range or else I'd get a FZ1. There's a few honda 919's out there still but I have issues with honda :Flip:
I'll get a black, throw my M4's on there, take off the stickers and enjoy.
Hmm...not sure what my first mod will be :Flash:

Til then, I think I'll need to ditch the bike forums...its torture driving a Tacoma 1/2 hour to work every day, especially since the month before the accident I had been out of necessity also. :( I'm shooting for $6500 OTD. Already got one for less than MSRP OTD. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I will be upgrading to a 2008 once I get a check from insurance. I thought about getting a Triumph 675 but I don't think I'll like the riding position...I'm going to sit on one this weekend if I can. I really can't think of anything else I want in that price range or else I'd get a FZ1. There's a few honda 919's out there still but I have issues with honda :Flip:

Til then, I think I'll need to ditch the bike forums...its torture driving a Tacoma 1/2 hour to work every day, especially since the month before the accident I had been out of necessity also. :( I'm shooting for $6500 OTD. Already got one for less than MSRP OTD. :thumbup:

Wait! What? Where did I fall asleep and miss this one? What do you mean accident? I just searched through your previous posts for the last month and can't find it!?!?

Hard way to come about it but glad you're getting to '08! You're going to LOVE it!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What year was your bike? How many miles did you put on the bike before that BMW wiped you out? I would be kind of curious how the FZ1 is myself, but I don't like that their exhaust is not an undertail exhaust like ours. Hopefully, they'll make a design change in their exhaust for next year.

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait! What? Where did I fall asleep and miss this one? What do you mean accident? I just searched through your previous posts for the last month and can't find it!?!?

Hard way to come about it but glad you're getting to '08! You're going to LOVE it!

From PCH's accident report:
He had an oopsie ...some 17 year old on a cell phone swings wide to the right so he goes to the left to pass her, thinking she's entering a parting lot. SHe did...the one on her left.
Waited over 3 hours for a tow truck, coolant and brake fluid lead, no injuries though (thank God). That is also a left hand turn and I've had a few close calls with people doing that in the past...swinging to the right before they turn left...even in my truck. I hate those people.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From PCH's accident report:
He had an oopsie ...some 17 year old on a cell phone swings wide to the right so he goes to the left to pass her, thinking she's entering a parting lot. SHe did...the one on her left.
Waited over 3 hours for a tow truck, coolant and brake fluid lead, no injuries though (thank God). That is also a left hand turn and I've had a few close calls with people doing that in the past...swinging to the right before they turn left...even in my truck. I hate those people.

This is exactly the reason I never over or undertake anyone preparing to turn in either direction. I'd rather pause for them to do their thing than have something like this happen. Glad to know he's OK! Wow!

Thanks! BTW, any decision on the Aug ride/campout yet?

segue00

Burrrppppp, aaaaaahhhh
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is exactly the reason I never over or undertake anyone preparing to turn in either direction. I'd rather pause for them to do their thing than have something like this happen. Glad to know he's OK! Wow!

Thanks! BTW, any decision on the Aug ride/campout yet?

Looking more and more likely I'll attend.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site

Make sure you price LA Yamaha/OTD Cycle Sports and then get Bert's in Azusa or some other dealer to beat it.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't like the Triumph at all...too sport and I like to cruise at times.
I like the FZ1 but I'm not going to spend extra money for the upgrade.
This is torture being stuck without a bike.