FZ6 touring pegs/seat/bars/screen help?

Thats who I ordered them from - Ordered yesterday morning and per UPS they were delivered to my house this morning. Per Willard they will need a little modification. I will let you know how they turn out tonight.

I was able to install in about 45 min. Note: Almost 1/4 of an inch of material will have to be removed from the pegs/mounting tabs. I used an angle grinder and took about a 1/16" of material from each of the 4 surfaces. Top and bottom of the pegs / mounting tabs. Will move the controls tomorrow and test ride - Feels good in the garage.

Looks like my bike! What did you do to your windshield?

CalSci XXL with Laminar Lip. It is the BEST long-distance touring set-up for the FZ6 but it won't win any beauty awards. I have ability to lower the Lip in about 30 seconds to a lower slot when I need more air-flow.

My Bill Mayer seat though is for sale. :)

Fred

I am also loving this awesome idea! Wanna post a writeup? :)

Not much to writeup about. Went to the Buell/Harley dealer and ordered the Buell Lightling footpegs. I removed the stock pegs and began carefully filing the Buel pegs until they just fit. The stock pin was used to mount the Buell pegs. I've order the Buell pins that are a little thicker, will probably have to drill out the mounting bracket on the bike; this should take out any slack around the pin and make for a tighter fit.

The lowered peg makes a dramatic difference as far as comfort goes; in fact I find it significantly more comfortable than my BMW R1100RS which has a lowered peg (which cost me three times what I paid for the Buells).

I'm so pleased with the FZ6. It's the most versatile and comfortable bike I've ever ridden and I've had a bunch over the years.

Not much to writeup about. Went to the Buell/Harley dealer and ordered the Buell Lightling footpegs. I removed the stock pegs and began carefully filing the Buel pegs until they just fit. The stock pin was used to mount the Buell pegs. I've order the Buell pins that are a little thicker, will probably have to drill out the mounting bracket on the bike; this should take out any slack around the pin and make for a tighter fit.

The lowered peg makes a dramatic difference as far as comfort goes; in fact I find it significantly more comfortable than my BMW R1100RS which has a lowered peg (which cost me three times what I paid for the Buells).

I'm so pleased with the FZ6. It's the most versatile and comfortable bike I've ever ridden and I've had a bunch over the years.

Do you recall the cost of the pegs? I assume they are Aluminum as well? Could you put a bushing in the Lightning pegs, to make up the slack compared to the OEM pin?

Great idea, BTW.....:rockon:

Do you recall the cost of the pegs? I assume they are Aluminum as well? Could you put a bushing in the Lightning pegs, to make up the slack compared to the OEM pin?

Great idea, BTW.....:rockon:

$50Cdn for both pegs. Yes, all aluminum. A bushing would do the trick.

By the way, I have not noticed any extra vibration. In fact, peg vibration is not an issue for me.

After starting this thread, I just wanted to post back that I did find a beautiful 2007 Blue FZ6 with 600 miles, all stock, showroom condition. Hopefully I'll keep it for awhile, it certainly satisfies my desire for a low maint easy to own bike. With my WR250R, this is a very nice combo to own.

As far as riding, hugely enjoyable on dayrides so far, and everything I hoped for.

Got the barbacks in today, will install shortly. Seat is temporarily -much- better with my Alaskan wool buttpad, and gives a small boost too. Headlight mod harness is on the way too. Garmin 60csx power cord, and powerlet socket now wired in.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly when I first posted. I've read a ton on this site now. :rockon: :thumbup:

100_3078.jpg

100_3073.jpg

Mark

Back