FZ6 To FZ6R??......Thinking about it

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
After 5600 miles I can't stand the off/on throttle issue. No, I'm not a professional but I can ride corners and twisty's, etc. with some decent moves. I can afford to trade down? to a FZ6R. Has anybody here really ridden one for an extended time? My FZ6 is plenty fast enough for me so it's not about speed. It's about THE THROTTLE problem.
Thanks in advance.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Here is a great review on it

better yet for a new rider is a 2009 Fz6R

They have some very good things to say about it here http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval...ugShootout.pdf

The FZ6R’s new motor has been redesigned for driveability
first and foremost.

Yamaha’s engineers did the unthinkable when they revised the
FZ6’s inline four-cylinder, 600cc motor for FZ6R duty, they
clipped 20 hp off its peak power—down from 85.6 to 65.4 hp!
Regardless of this heresy, we fell in love with the new motor.

But its driveability is untouchable. It will pull smoothly
at any rpm, even 1500, and produces an almost ruler-perfect linear
power delivery and gives unparalleled engine smoothness.
Its fuel injection behavior is also a leap ahead of its challengers,
with no on/off snatching and always responsive and easy to use.

Yamaha has gone one better to improve its clutch release mechanism, replacing the FZ6’s cam-action clutch release (mounted outside the clutch pack) to a rack and pinion style release that moves a rod through the mainshaft to push on the inside of the clutch pressure plate. The FZ6R clutch also uses an additional set of plates this year as well for better launch control—something it needed. Regardless of the mechanical details, the effect is dramatically different and the FZ6R’s clutch lever effort is now roughly half what it was on the FZ6.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you KamLoops!! I've read that article b4 but forgot about it. It'll cost me a lot of $$ but I'm almost afraid of the FZ6 on/off problem in the twisty's. it might be worth it to actually enjoy riding again?

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think you would be very happy with the FZ6R after riding the FZ6.

Regarding the on/off throtle problem, I have noticed it too but it only seems to happen when the throtle is completely closed then opened again. Try only closing the throtle partially then start to open her up once you get set into the turn.

I am not saying you are doing it wrong, just check and see if you are entering the corner with the throtle closed all the way, and try to keep it cracked open.

This is just something I have noticed myself doing and have for the most part been able to avoid the problem. Yes I ride the piss out of my fz, but she begs for it.

A cramp buster on the throtle may help also.