FZ6 & Speed Triple

RickFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thinking about adding a Triumph Speed Triple to my garage. Anyone else have the FZ6 to or + Triple experience?

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
i went to this triumph/ducati dealership and i saw the speed triple. it really is an eye catcher. i think its the naked version of the daytona 675. both are super sexy and you cant go wrong with either. didnt get to ride one tho but i did sit on all of them 100+ times. ha

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
You are prob talking about different models...The "Speed triple" was the older model of the 675 engined naked, replaced by "Street tripple" or vice versa....can't be sure about that

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Street Triple 675 = Daytona 675 without the faring etc

Speed Triple 955i = Daytona 955i without the...

Speed Triple 1050 = Big bad boy.

:rockon:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking more in the lines of streetfighters.
triumph_street_triple_02.jpg

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
The Triumph is a really nice bike, but my dream bike is this:

duke_990_schwarz_lzw700.jpg

I'm guessing that is the KTM Super Duke. I saw one of those being ridden by a service tech at the local dealership. It had an Acrapovic exhaust system and sounded pretty bad a$$. Service guy said they'll wheelie in first and second gear with just the throttle. What's the cost on one of those bad boys? I was on the web-site but couldn't find suggested retail.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
The Triumph is a really nice bike, but my dream bike is this:

duke_990_schwarz_lzw700.jpg

A neighbour of mine has this in the KTM Orange color. Love the looks. Of course I hate him because he rarely rides and his chicken strips are larger than the used tire....that means he's simply a show off. :squid:

JayWalk

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree that the KTM is a little pricey. Have not been on one so can't talk to the feel of it, but have never read anything but great things in all of the reviews.

As for looks and originality I am a fan of:
1.jpg

....and the new Ducati 696 seems to be pretty impressive! Very comfortable.
421200813546.jpg

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree that the KTM is a little pricey. Have not been on one so can't talk to the feel of it, but have never read anything but great things in all of the reviews.

As for looks and originality I am a fan of:
1.jpg

Man that has got to be the largest diameter front disc I've ever seen. :jawdrop:

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

Keep the looks and you can have the name two cause there's only one next bike for me and the camel hump is coming home.. All 1,300+cc'c of it.....

RickFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I lost track of my original post. Well the Triumph Speed Triple is added to my garage, but sadly the FZ6 must go. Just rode a nice farewell ride on it and will posting it for sale soon. It's a 2007, red with 7.2K miles, new tires (Pirelli Diablo Strada) at 6K.