FZ6 - Sound

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock I think the FZ sounds like a sewing machine...I couldn't stand it. I put on some 2 bros after a few weeks of owning the fizzer and now I'm pissing off the neighbors, much better! :rockon: :spank:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock I think the FZ sounds like a sewing machine...I couldn't stand it. I put on some 2 bros after a few weeks of owning the fizzer and now I'm pissing off the neighbors, much better! :rockon: :spank:

Agree, Two Bros makes a HUGE difference!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking. What does an aftermarket exhaust typically run?

Aftermarket exhausts for the FZ are typically higher than most other bikes on account of the dual cans. Reiobard is pretty much right on with the price, if you're looking at a new set of Two Bros you're talking about ~$650-700+ depending on where you get them and what style, 2 bros are on the more expensive end of FZ exhausts.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Go two brothers man. I looked into all of them, heard leo vance, arkapowich, scorpion and two brothers beats them all hands down. Better sound and better look.
I paid $650 shipped just because I got a hude discount thru my dealer of where I bought the bike from. They gave a good discount.
If you get two brothers, consider getting DB killer to quite the noise a bit. I got 4 OHM lower sound from each and it make a hude difference. When it idles, sounds like a cat perring, and when u rip it...well u know...awesome sound.
TWO BROTHERS ALL THE WAY....:rockon:

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Go two brothers man. I looked into all of them, heard leo vance, arkapowich, scorpion and two brothers beats them all hands down. Better sound and better look.
I paid $650 shipped just because I got a hude discount thru my dealer of where I bought the bike from. They gave a good discount.
If you get two brothers, consider getting DB killer to quite the noise a bit. I got 4 OHM lower sound from each and it make a hude difference. When it idles, sounds like a cat perring, and when u rip it...well u know...awesome sound.
TWO BROTHERS ALL THE WAY....:rockon:

I support this post. :thumbup: :D

chickwebb

Reaction score
Visit site
Friend from work compared the sound of my FZ to the Jetson's vehicle...:rolleyes:
Anyone have similar comments..?

Oh, c'mon, guys. If you get the RPMs up over 7k, it makes plenty of noise, and it's plenty sweet. It's an inline 4 and it needs to be wound up! If you're looking for lots of exhaust note at 4k RPM, then I'd suggest a Ducati.

Here's an idea. Ride the hell out of it for a year, maybe more. Save your pennies in the meantime. Right about the time you think you need more bike, go out and get a set of Two Bros Carbon Fiber cans (these really do sound the best... no ifs, ands, or buts) and a Power Commander III. While you're at it, revalve the forks and put some heavier oil in 'em.

It will both look and feel like something completely different. Voila! New bike! And you will have saved big $$$$. :thumbup: